1 Day Bee Keeping Experience
Designed to give you hands on experience on beekeeping projects in Rwanda as well as a clear understanding on how honey is produced. Can be customized to suits your needs and travel aspirations.
per adult from
1 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kinigi, Kinigi, Musanze District, Northern Province
Bees make honey from nectar, which is a sugary secretion of flowers. It contains sugars (80-85%) that are easily absorbed by the body. Bee keeping is a very important for income generating to the community and useful to their lives. Honey is a very good energy food and also used as a sweetener. It has medicinal properties, often used to help cure coughs, ulcers, wounds and sore throats. Honey has attractive chemical properties for baking and a distinctive flavor.
Your drive guide will pick you from your hotel and drive to Kinigi for bee keeping experience. During this visit you will get to know how honey is produced from making the beehive up to harvesting fresh honey. Well protected you will get a chance to harvest honey as you are protected by beekeeper’s costume. Later we will drive back to Kigali.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any other location in Kigali
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.