1-Day Guided Quad Tour of Ait Ben Haddou and Kasbah of Telouet
On this full day guided quad/ATV excursion, we will visit a magnificent kasbah which belongs to the last royal family's of the Atlas Region in Morocco. We will drive along the beautiful Ounila Valley with many traditional Berber villages. This tour is perfect for those who wants some excitement but also interested in the history and architecture of the Atlas region. Lunch in included.
This tour is recommended only between October and March since part of the roads from Ait Ben Haddou to Telouet is not off-road (tarmac). It will be very hot (>40c) in the summer for both the driver and the quads.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch in restaurant close to Kasbah of Teluoet (No alcohol)
- Local English or French speaking guide
- Use of helmet
- Use of Quad bike
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- After your guide gave a brief explanation on the control of our quad and road safety, we depart from Ait Ben Haddou around 9am. On the way to Glaoui Kasbah, we will drive along the beautiful Ounila Valley where many old Berber villages are located. There are many viewpoints where you can enjoy panorama views of this expansive valley, clutters of clay buildings with small kasbahs and mosques in between. You may see locals in traditional costumes walking on the side of road to visit friends and family on special days. (Please be sensitive when taking photos of locals especially women.)
We will also pass through a small mine where workers extract precious minerals out of the colorful rocks in this area in the past. Old post stations for defense on top of small hills can be seen from the road. Further on, we will pass a small forest on the side of the road, a rare sight in this semi-desert region.
After a few hours, we finally arrive at this famous yet non-touristy Kasbah of Glaoui in Telouet, one of the most extraordinary sights of the Atlas. We will have lunch here at a guest house restaurant outside the kasbah first. After lunch, you can buy a ticket and visit the inside of this complex at your leisure.
Lies at an elevation of 1,800 m (5,900 ft), the Kasbah of Glaoui is a glimpse of the style of Moroccan political government and power still within living memory. Pasha Glaoui was ousted from the Bahia Palace and died of cancer shortly after exile in Telouet after independence. As a palace of El Glaoui family, 300 artisans worked on salons faceted with stucco, zellij and painted cedar ceilings during construction. Although some of the rooms have fallen into ruin after over a half-century of decay, the 2nd-floor reception rooms still remain its glory as Telouet’s former position as the center of a trans-Saharan trading empire. Work was underway to restore the property in 2010. After your visit, we will drive back to Ait Ben Haddou through the windy road of the Ounila Valley.
Departure Point :Aït Benhaddou, Morocco
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Maximum 7 quads per booking (7 drivers and 7 passengers max)
- If you want to book 3 quads with drivers only and 1 quad with both driver and passenger (5 people total): Select Date -> In Select Travelers Dropdown box, choose 3 travelers, click 'Check Availability' ->: Click 'Add to Cart' next to 'Driver Only' option -> Click 'BACK' button on your browser, choose 1 travelers, click 'Check Availability' -> Click 'Add to Cart' next to 'Driver & Passenger' option -> Click 'Checkout' and follow checkout procedure. In this example, we will give you 4 quads. PLEASE MAKE SURE THE TOTAL NUMBER OF QUADS DO NOT EXCEED 7.
- All drivers must be must be between 18 and 65 years old and have a valid driver license from their country.
- Suggested minimum age of passenger is 10 years old. All drivers must take full responsibility of their passenger. Wearing a helmet is mandatory. Gloves and goggles are provided if necessary.
- All of quad ATV bikes are insured. However, all participants should have driving experience. Participant's travel insurance needs to have coverage of adventurous activities such as quad biking.
- No alcohol is allowed on the day before this tour
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints, other serious medical conditions, or during pregnancy
- Please wear comfortable shoes/boots and durable jacket for off-road driving in the strong desert sun and wind
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.