1 Day Guided Tour: Bacalar Seven Color Lagoon & Traditional Mayan Family Visit
As soon as your cruiseship arrives to Costa Maya Port, take part of our adventure to experience Yucatan local culture.
Travel through history and interact with Mayan descendants at the village of Chacchoben. Witness the daily life of the Mayan, interact with your hosts and a local family that will make this experience unforgettable.
You will try traditional dishes prepared with ancestral techniques that have been inherited from generation to generation with local products that will impress the authentic Mayan flavor of this exquisite food.
To complete this experience, we will visit at the Seven Color Lagoon or Bacalar. A famous old haven for pirates where now you can relax, swim or enjoy a kayak ride in the refreshing waters of the seven color lagoon.
Bacalar is the second largest lagoon in Mexico and offers magnificent shades of blue on sunny days.
This tour is a perfect mix of history, culture and relaxation. Don't miss this unforgettable experience.
per adult from
5 hours 50 minutes
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch - You will try authentic Mayan dishes cooked with local ingredients mainly vegetables and may include poultry or meat. If you have any specific food requirements please let us know ahead.
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages - Margaritas, pina colada & beer are included
- Soda/Pop - Natural fruit flavored water, juices & sodas
- Entry/Admission - Lake Bacalar
What's excluded :
- Use of life vests are mandatory
- Children must kayak with an accompanying adult
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chacchoben, Chacchoben, Yucatan Peninsula
We will visit the Maya villa of Chacchoben, the same name and ancestors of the ancient Mayan city.
In this visit, witness the daily life of the heirs of this great culture as you interact with your host and his family. They will teach you from the ingredients of the classic tortillas to home remedies for some bites of the endemic fauna.
A family visit could not be complete without a meal. In this tour, you will try traditional dishes prepared with ancestral techniques that have been passed down from generation to generation, with local products and fresh produce that will impress the authentic Mayan flavor.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Stop At: Lake Bacalar, Bacalar Mexico
Visit the Bacalar lagoon a famous old haven for pirates, where you can relax, swim or enjoy a kayak ride in the refreshing waters of the seven-color lagoon.
Take a short break with your favorite drink at the edge of the lagoon or just enjoy the breeze and incredible landscape.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Avenida Paseo del Puerto 1211, 77940 Mahahual, Q.R., Mexico
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 10/25/2019 - 10/20/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 80 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.