1 day hiking in Birtvisi Canyon from Tbilisi
Seasonality - All year round, only in dry weather.
We will reach the village of Tbisi by transport, and from here we walk, back and forth about 7 km.
Birtvis Canyons are located next to the Algeti Reservoir.
Intricate paths winding in the subtropical forest and narrow passages in a chain of high canyons keep a mysterious atmosphere.
It will take about an hour and a half to climb (with slow walking) with a breather near the ruins of the ancient fortress of Deda Tsikhe.
The road to the top goes past the fortified walls of Birtvisi with holes in the loopholes, two gates and a watchtower.
At the highest point is Sheupovari - a watch tower, visible from afar. At an altitude of 1000 m, a natural observation deck awaits, from where you can clearly see canyons, ancient buildings, the beauty of the Algeti Valley.
After going down we can have a picnic on the grass or visit a fish restaurant not far from the Algeti reservoir.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Guide and driver services;
- Tour of the program;
- Bottled water.
- Entry/Admission - Birtvisi
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Birtvisi, South-West of the nation's capital Tbilisi, Rustavi Georgia
Georgia is full of beautiful mountain landscapes and original historical monuments. How to combine these impressions in one trip? We offer a convenient option: a one-day excursion to Birtvisi.
You are waiting for unique canyons and the legendary XI century fortress, impregnable for famous commanders.
The main points of the route: Partskhisi, Tbisi, Birtvisi Canyon, Deda-tsikhe, Sheupovari (Birtvisi fortress).
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up from any place in Tbilisi, where it will be convenient for you.Airports
- Shota Rustaveli Tbilisi International Airport, Tbilisi Georgia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.