1 Day Horseback Riding and Manzushir Monastery visit Including Lunch
In Mongolian traditions, horses are one of the most respected and beloved animals of all species and considered as "spiritual animals." Today, horses still play a major role in Mongolian people's daily lives despite the modernization of this country. An equestrian vacation in Mongolia is just as much of a cultural experience as an equine experience. This one day horseback riding tour is a perfect choice for you to experience the nomadic lifestyle that includes a visit to a historical temple and a nomad family.
Manjusri Monastery is a former Buddhist monastery established in 1733 and destroyed by Mongolian communists in 1937. Its ruins are located approximately 15 kilometers south of the Mongolian capital Ulaanbaatar at the southern slope of Bogd Khan Uul Mountain.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
What's included :
- English-speaking Local guide
- Ground Transportation
- Entry/Admission - Manzshir Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Bogd Khan Uul National Park
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Personal expense
- Optional activity cost
- Travel Insurance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Manzshir Monastery, Ulaanbaatar Mongolia
One of Mongolia’s most atmospheric religious sites, 18th-century Manzshir Monastery lies almost entirely in ruins on the slopes of the Bogd Khan Mountain, 5,906 feet (1,800 meters) above sea level. Rather than waste time piecing together buses and taxis, join this convenient door-to-door day tour that includes the monastery, a hike in Bogd Khan Uul National Park
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Bogd Khan Uul National Park, Khoroo 4, Ulaanbaatar Mongolia
Rise early in the morning and head to Manzushir Monastery, established in 1733 and situated in the south of Bogd Khan Uul Mountain range, which is 2.5mi/4km north of Tuv Aimag capital of Zuunmod. Over time, the monastery has grown into a complex of more than 20 temples with over 300 resident monks. During the communist purges of the 1920's and 1930's, the monastery was completely destroyed and all of the monks were exiled. The remains of the temple have been turned into a museum. Locals love to hike, picnic, and hang out here. Enjoy a walk in the Bogd Khan Uul National Park or a short horseback riding tour. You will love the surrounding nature and beautiful landscapes. In the evening, you will be transferred back to your Ulaanbaatar hotel.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.