1 Day Jinja and Source of the Nile Tour
Jinja is referred to as the adventure capital of Uganda. But even the non adventurous souls are catered for in this amazing source of the Nile town. It is usually advisable to start the day a little bit early so as to view the elusive birds in the morning and to experience the best early morning cool weather but still thank God for small favors, even if you miss the morning weather it is always cool in the Mabira forest.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Drinks (available to purchase)
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Pick up from your place of residence as early as 8:00 A.M, and travel to Jinja, our first stop over is the Sezibwa falls. Sezibwa Falls is a 45 minutes drive from Kampala and is located on Jinja Road after Mukono town. It is a wonderful place for a nature walk, birding, picnics, a limited hike to the top of the falls and the cultural worship grounds with their lush greenery grounds which are suitable for camping with sound of the falls in the background.
After Sezibwa falls we proceed to the Mabira forest walk, which starts from form the Mabira rain forest lodge. During this walk one gets to view and appreciate the lush greenery growing luxuriantly and hear the most authentic bird songs and sounds as they chatter in the top and canopies of this rain forest and if fortunate one get to see the elusive monkeys.
After the nature walk in the Mabira forest we pass via the Owen Falls Dam and then proceed to Jinja town for lunch. Apart from the delicious meals, Jinja town possesses one of the best views of the source of the Nile and the railway.
After lunch, take a short tour around Jinja town, we start from the Jinja railway stations and see the railway line that connects Uganda to Kenya and view the diesel locomotives. We proceed to the Hindu temple which has a bronze statue of Gandhi and visit the golf course which possesses very beautiful view of the Nile and Lake Victoria.
Conclusion of Jinja city tour
To end the day, go for a boat ride to visit the actual point where the source of River Nile starts from and view the Speke monument where John Speke stood when he discover the source of the longest river in the world. Also get to see a number of water birds in the isolated tiny islands on the lake and then board the car and drive back to Kampala/residence.
The Safari package for Jinja city tour includes:
-Entrances fees to various sites
-A boat rides to the source of the Nile
The Safari package for Jinja city tour Exclusions:
The expenses of personal nature like:
Tips to local guides
Porter fee while touring
Personal shopping bills and cigarettes.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We allow travelers to select their own pickup locations and we pick them up from there.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Dress code is formal
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.