1-Day Karamoja Cultural Tour: Nomad Warrior Experience and Mount Moroto Hike
Learn about traditional life of the Karimojong from the highlands to the planes. We will walk through to the lush valley of Mt Moroto, the highest mountain of Karamoja. After lunch, we will set out to an authentic Karamojong village. At night, experience the typical Karimojong pastoral life by bush camping a night with the nomadic warrior shepherds.
per adult from
1 day 8 hours
What's included :
- Community facilitation
- Camping Equipment
- Experienced, English speaking local guide
- Bush Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
Mt Moroto Nature Walk
In the early morning we leave for a scenic walk through the lush valley of Mt Moroto, the highest mountain of Karamoja. During the walk we will interact with the So Tepeth mountain people.
Authentic Karamojong Village Experience
After lunch we set of to an authentic Karamojong village where you will immerse yourself in the daily life of the community like participating in traditional games, daily activities as preparing staple foods, harvesting, beading, learning, dance, how to shoot bow and arrow and traditional friendly wrestling.
A Night with Uganda's Nomad Warriors
Experience typical Karimojong pastoral life by bush camping a night with the nomadic warrior shepherds in the kraal and participate in their daily life like bringing the cows to the kraal, share stories around the campfire, play games with the warriors and learn how all about nomadic life.
• Mountain Moroto, Moroto Uganda
Departure Point :Kara-Tunga, Karamoja Safari Camp, Lomilo Road, Plot 8 Behind United Nations Offices, Moroto, Uganda
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Kara-Tunga, Karamoja Tours