1-Day Private Tour - In the Footsteps of Communism - Execution Museum Included
During your private full day tour, you’ll discover the intriguing period of 42 years of communism, highlighting the nostalgia of Romania’s history, experiencing both the positive and negative aspects of Romania’s communist past.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Informative, English speaking, friendly private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Excellent value for money
- Private tour is operated with a guide/driver
- Transport by private vehicle
- Admission/Entrance to the Museum of Communism in Targoviste
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Museum of Communism
- Entry/Admission - Palace of Parliament
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museum of Communism, Bulevardul Regele Carol I, Targoviste 130010 Romania
You’ll begin your tour with a 7:30am pickup from your Bucharest hotel/hostel and start our journey back in time to the captivating communism era.
Your private English speaking guide will take you first to the Communism Museum of Targoviste, not far from Bucharest. The small town of Targoviste played a monumental role in the history of the country, serving as the capital for centuries, as well as the site of the trial and execution of Nicolae Ceausescu and his wife in 1989. The bullet-grey building looks the same as it did 16 years ago. Here you’ll discover the court room along with many stories behind the execution.
Next you’ll enjoy lunch (at your own expense), at a rustic restaurant your guide will recommend, where you can enjoy a traditional Romanian culinary experience.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Palace of Parliament, Strada Izvor 2-4, Bucharest 050711 Romania
After having lunch, you’ll return to Bucharest to see the second largest building in the world Parliament’s Palace, home to Romania’s Parliament.
If you think ‘BIG’ than you must think about the Parliament’s Palace. The second largest building in the world, People’s Palace remains the masterpiece of the Romanian architectural genius. Its grandeur, shaped by a late neoclassical style will bring you back to the communist period and the overwhelming feeling given by its dimensions will follow you throughout the journey.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Revolution Square (Piata Revolutiei), Calea Victoriei Boulevard, Bucharest Romania
We will continue our journey to the Revolution Square. The square, which contains buildings such as the National Museum of Art of Romania, the University of Bucharest, and the Memorial of Rebirth, highlight a great deal of Romanian history.
After this full day of touring, you’ll end the tour back at your hotel/hostel, where you’ll have a complete understanding of Bucharest’s history during communist Romania.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our tour guide will pick you from your hotel/hostel in Bucharest. Kindly advise the location.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise specific requirements, if any
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.