1-Day Private Tour of St Petersburg - the History of the Tsars
This private tour will make you familiar with the most important attractions of Saint Petersburg - the Hermitage, St Peter and Paul Fortress and the Cathedral, the Church on the Spilled Blood. You will have a detailed sightseeing tour to enjoy the best panoramic views, the hidden monuments and peculiarities of the city. Your professional guide will tell you the history of the Romanovs, the family of Russian Tsars and Tsarinas who ruled Russia for over 300 years.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- All admission tickets per program SKIP-THE-LINE
- Professional & friendly guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned car/minivan
- Bottled water
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly (for groups 6+)
- Entry/Admission - Peter and Paul Fortress
- Entry/Admission - Peter and Paul Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - The State Hermitage Museum
- Entry/Admission - Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: City Break Tours St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg Russia
10.00 - Your private guide and driver will meet you in the lobby of your hotel in the morning.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Nevsky Prospekt, Nevsky Avenue, St. Petersburg 191025 Russia
10.00-11.00 - Take your seat in a private car/minivan and explore the city center. You will drive by such places as Kazan Cathedral, St Isaac's Square and the Cathedral, Nevsky Prospect, the Spit of Basil's Island, the University Embankment, Peter's Log Cabin, Aurora cruiser, the Summer Garden, St Michael's Castle, the Field of Mars and many other notable places.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Peter and Paul Fortress, Petropavlovskaya Fortress, 3, St. Petersburg 197022 Russia
11.00-12.30 - Walk on the historical lanes of St Peter and Paul Fortress, the cradle of St Petersburg. You will visit St Peter & Paul Cathedral, the burial place of the Russian Emperors from Peter the Great to the last tsar - Nicolas II. Your guide will give you an overview of the life and deeds of each Emperor and their role in Russian and World's history.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Peter and Paul Cathedral, Sobornaya Sq., 1 Petropavlovskaya Fortress, St. Petersburg 197046 Russia
12.30-13.15 - Tour of the Paul Cathedral. The architectural monument of Petrine Baroque style. Peter and Paul Cathedral is the oldest church in St. Petersburg.
13.15-14.15 - A break for lunch (own expense)
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: The State Hermitage Museum, Palace Emb., 30-38, St. Petersburg 191055 Russia
14.30-16.30 - You will visit the Hermitage Museum, starting with the Winter Palace, the official winter residence of the tsars. You will learn more about their lifestyle and Russian history in the walls of this wonderful museum.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, Griboyedova Kanala Emb., 2B/A, St. Petersburg 191186 Russia
16.45-17.30 - The last excursion of the day is the one to the Church of Resurrection of Christ or the Church of our Savior on the Spilled Blood. This temple is commemorating the life and death of one of the most beloved tsars of Russia, Alexander II.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Saint Petersburg, St Petersburg, Russia
17.30-18.00 - Ride back to the hotel.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup is available for any hotel within the city limits. Please, provide the hotel name/address at booking if it's not listed. You will recognize the guide by a CITY BREAK TOURS sign.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- On Wednesdays, the Church on the Spilled Blood is closed, you will visit the Cathedral of our Lady of Kazan instead
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.