1 Day Private tour to Meteora, visit the Monasteries are lying on the cliffs.
Private tour to Monasteries of Meteora from Athens:
Get impressed by the natural beauty of the rocks, and by the way monasteries are lying on some of the cliffs. Visit Meteora, the ageless monasteries that combine both historical and religious treasures, standing between Earth and Sky atop huge rocks. Admire the creation of God and man. Dare to be enchanted by the amazing view and the picturesque architecture of Kalambaka, where you can taste the traditional Greek cuisine! Visit the historic Thermopylae, where the battle that changed the course of Greek history took place! Book this full day private tour in Meteora from Athens now!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- English speaking driver
- Pick up & Drop off from your hotel in Athens
- Bottled water
- Licensed tour guide according to your selection
- Entry/Admission - Thermopylae Museum
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Thermopylae Museum, Thermopylae Greece
We will visit the "Thermopylae Museum", which is next to the monument of King Leonidas, in the historic Thermopylae, dedicated to the 480 BC battle that changed the course of Greek history, as 300 Spartans fought against Persian Empire. The Center presents history as an interactive narrative and discourse: In its three exhibition halls, multimedia applications offer visitors a virtual trip to the time and battlefields of the Persian Wars as described by the ancient historian Herodotus, while the very battle of Thermopylae comes alive at a digital 3D movie.
Stop At: Meteora, Meteora, Trikala Region, Thessaly
Our driver will pick you up at 08.00 am from your hotel or from Piraeus port. After you meet, you will start this incredible journey following the road towards Thermopylae.
Afterwards we will visit Meteora, having our first stop at the Great Meteoro (or similar) which is the largest and the oldest of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (meteoro), due to the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built.
Our second visit is to the great monastery of St. Stephan. The Monastery of St. Stephan, (or similar) which is a small church built in the 16th century and decorated in 1545. This monastery rests on the plain rather than on a cliff. It was damaged by the Nazis during World War II who believed it was harboring insurgents and was abandoned. Then, nuns took it over and reconstructed it.
Furthermore, you will admire a small treasure of Byzantine and Christian items, at the museum inside the monastery. This wonderful tour will be completed at the picturesque villages of Kalambaka, a small traditional town that is built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks of God, at the shadow of the great Meteora Monasteries, where you will have a traditional Greek lunch.
Duration: 12 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Piraeus port, Pireas 185 38, Greece
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Upon your booking please advise us the pick up place
- Most travelers can participate
- Post Covid 19 Policy on our vehicles Sedan: Maximum of 2 passengers in a sedan car and 4 passengers in a Minivan to secure social distance between tourists. For families with children, no limitations apply. All our tours will be Private tours to secure maximum hygiene. Vehicles will be sanitiazed before every pick-up. Hand sanitizing done before departure and after every major stop during the day. Tourists should wear facemasks. Fresh trash bag will be in every vehicle and waste will be destroyed at the end of every tour.
- Free of charge / complimentary face masks and hand sanitizers
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.