1 Day Shimba Hills Safari(minimum 2 Pax)
As one of the largest coastal forests in East Africa after Arabuko-Sokoke Forest, this reserve is rich in flora and fauna and hosts the highest density of antelopes in Kenya. Other animal species found in the area are buffalos, bushy tailed mongoose and other small mammals like fruit bats. The forest is an important bird area and is endowed with forest birdlife while the grasslands hold localized species such as red-necked-Spur fowl, Croaking Cisticola and Zanzibar Red Bishop.
per adult from
4 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up, game drive, lunch, park entry fees, unlimited mineral water.
- Entry/Admission - Sheldrick Falls
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sheldrick Falls, Shimba Hills Diani, Kwale 80403 Kenya
You will be picked from your hotel at around 6.00 am and drive to Shimba Hills, a distance of 35 kms from Diani arriving at the gate at around 6.30 am. Begin a game drive visiting Sheldrick Waterfalls at 11.00 am escorted by a game ranger.
Shimba Hills is a tropical rain forest which covers an area of 202 km2. Physical attractions include casuarinas forests, Marere Dam (a water well where come to drink water), Sheldrick Waterfalls. The landscape is grassland. Animals seen in this area include elephants, buffalos, giraffes, impalas, heartbeats, rare leopards, black and white monkeys, attractive sable antelopes, and roan antelopes among others. Shimba Hills has different species of birds like (tropical guinea fowls, fish eagles, falcons and weaver birds, ground horny bills among others.
Drive back to Shimba Lodge for lunch (One of the tree top hotels at the coast region where you have a chance to see animals at the water hole) After lunch head on for another game drive till 3.00 pm where you will check out from Shimba Hills and drive back to the hotel arriving at around 4.00 pm.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :1: Diani Beach, Kenya
2: Mombasa, Kenya
Traveler pickup is offered
WE PICK UP FROM ALL THE HOTELS/AIRPORTS WITHIN MOMBASA/DIANIAirports
- Jomo Kenyatta Intl Airport, Nairobi Kenya
- Moi Intl Airport, Mombasa Kenya
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.