1 Day Shoebill Birding - Day Trip - Mabamba Swamp
You will be picked at the hotel very early in the morning after having your breakfast.
At the Swamp you will meet your birding guide who will advise and take you in a motorized traditional canoe passing through the channels as you search for the Shoe-bill wading through the papyrus.
per adult from
5 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Packed Lunch
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Mabamba Swamp Bird Watching
What's excluded :
- Hotel fees
- Coffee and/or Tea
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mabamba Swamp Bird Watching, Kasanje, Mabamba, Uganda
Mabamba swamp is a wetland and a bay on one of the fingers of Lake Victoria located near a village called Kasanje. Mabamba Swamp is the natural habitat for the rare Shoebill Storks in Uganda.
Not only is the swamp a home to the Shoebill but to a variety of other birds such as Crested crane, Swamp flycatcher, African purple swamp hen, African water rail, Mara kite, Pallid Harrier, Papyrus Gonolek, White-winged Warbler and the Blue Swallow Common moorhen, African jacana, African pygym Goose, White-faced whistling duck, Squacco heron, Blue Breasted Bee-eater, Winding cisticola, Goliath Heron and other species.
You can access this wetland from Kampala by car or by boat/car if from Entebbe. The road drive is approximately 1hr- 1 1/2 hr depending on the number of stop overs on the way.
You will be picked at the hotel very early in the morning after having your breakfast. Packed lunch with a few drinks will be bought and then we setoff for your birding tour.
At Mabamba swamp, you will meet your birding guide who will advise and take you in a motorized traditional canoe passing through the channels as you search for the Shoebill wading through the papyrus. On your trip, you have opportunities for many other bird species at the swamp.
After the tour you will be dropped back at your hotel or any other desired location within Entebbe or Kampala. You can request for any stopovers on route as desired.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :1: Entebbe, Uganda
2: Kampala, Uganda
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Entebbe Airport, Entebbe Uganda
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/7/2019 - 10/24/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.