1 day Shoebill Birding Photographic Safari
This trip is ideal for people with a day to spare for birding in Mabamba swamp- home to the shoebill.
Mabamba swamp is about 50 Km from Kampala on the north edge of Lake Victoria. The swamp is one of Uganda’s 33 Important Bird Areas and a Ramsar-listed wetland of international importance hosting key protected bird species.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Mabamba Swamp Bird Watching, Kasanje, Mabamba, Uganda
Mabamba Bay is a unique extensive marsh stretching along a narrow bay, fringed with papyrus towards the main body of Lake Victoria. It lies between Busi Island and Buwaya/Zziba village on the mainland. The marshland forms part of Buwaya Bay, South-west of Nakiwogo Bay both of which are located west of Entebbe International Airport. The swamp is about 50 Km from Kampala on the north edge of Lake Victoria. The swamp is one of Uganda’s 33 Important Bird Areas (IBAs) and a Ramsar-listed wetland of international importance. It hosts key protected bird species. Of the 200 species in the area, the Shoebill is the most popular attraction. Other birds are: the Blue Swallow, Papyrus Gonolek, Malachite Kingfisher, Swamp Flycatcher, Common Moorhen, Lesser Jacana, African Jacana, African Pygmy Goose, White- faced whistling Duck, Common Squacco Heron, Blue- breasted Bee-eater, Saddle billed Stork, and Grey-headed Gulls and more.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You arrive at Entebbe International Airport and a representative from Snap Uganda Tours will meet you and drive you to your hotel. We can also pick you from your hotel. Please feel free to ask questions about Uganda along the wayAirports
- Entebbe Airport, Entebbe Uganda
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.