1 Day Source of the Nile Tour in Jinja
This tour of Jinja city is a one visit to numerous exciting places in Jinja town, most notably the source of the Nile. The Jinja tour can include a white water rafting adventure trip and Bungee Jumping on River Nile, Quad biking excursions, Mabira forest birding excursions, culture tours and reptile village visits.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A professional driver/guide
- Boat fees
- Bottled drinking water
- Entry fees
- All activities (included in the itinerary)
- Entry/Admission - Source of the Nile - Speke Monument
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mabira, Mabira, Eastern Region
This forest boasts of over 312 tree species, over 300 species of birds and 218 species of butterflies. Walking underneath this canopy of this great African tropical Rainforest, you will also see different species of monkeys and other wild mammals.
You will thereafter get back into the vehicle and go for lunch at the Sunset Hotel -a lovely restaurant perched atop a hill overlooking the Nile, serving very good food with chicken breast stuffed with spinach, a mouth-watering delicacy. The hotel has Ugandan, Chinese, Indian and Italian dishes.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Source of the Nile - Speke Monument, Bukaya Njeru, Jinja 7675 Uganda
After lunch you will take a short ride to the Source of the Nile – a quiet, beautiful place filled with fantastic tropical plants and palm trees. As you walk down the steps toward the Nile, you will be able to smell the flowers there.
As you stand on the Nile, you will hear the gurgling water as you watch native fishermen cast their nets on the longest river in Africa. You will then be taken on a Boat Ride to the actual source of the Nile, and beyond the lake where you will take great pictures for future memories and reference.
After the boat ride, you shall be driven to Jinja town, once the industrial capital of Uganda but today a residential town filled with numerous Indian-styled old structures in which many Indians lived before being expelled by President Idi Amin in the 1970s, some of whom later came back to reclaim their old properties. Jinja is a multicultural town dominated by native Basoga, mixed up with Bagwere, Baganda, Banyankore, Basamya and other eastern Uganda tribes, making it a fusion of a true Uganda town good for any visitor to interact with.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Entebbe Airport, Entebbe Uganda
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.