1 Day tour of Lake Nakuru National Park
Lake Nakuru is very famous for flamingos and about 1.5million individuals can be spotted here. You enjoy watching them feed on the banks of the lake forming a flamboyance of pink coloration along the banks.
.Witness great herds of different herbivores found around the lake including Rhinos,warthog, Buffaloes, waterbuck, Gazelles, Baboons,Zebras and the rare Rothschild giraffe.
. You have a great chance to come face to face with some of Africa's great predators including Lion, Leopard, the Cheetah, Hyenas, Jackals and the serval cat.
.See a variety of beautiful birds that can easily be spotted here, including migratory and endemic species, about 400 different species has been recorded in this park.
.Enjoy beautiful scenery and natural vegetation including a forest of yellow acacia, Euphorbia cactus, savannah grasslands, roaring hills,Rocky cliffs and outstanding waterfalls.
. Take a breather at the park's highest point the "Baboon cliff" and explore the park's surroundings.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Park entrance fees for Lake Nakuru
- Services of an English speaking Guide.
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Extra activities
- Tips and gratuities
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Nakuru National Park, Lake Nakuru National Park, Rift Valley Province
Lake Nakuru is a shallow alkaline lake in the Great Rift Valley. The park was created in 1960 as a bird life sanctuary. It is a beacon for leading Ornithologists and researchers for its 450 species of birds and about 30 endangered white rhinos. A few black Rhinos can also be seen.
It is in this park, where the biggest forest of yellow acacia and giant Euphorbia trees can be seen.
Of great interest is the rare and endangered Rothschild giraffe naturalized in this park after being relocated from soy plains of Eldoret in 1974.
The greatest attraction however is the presence of over one and a half million greater and lesser flamingos that forms a flamboyance of pink colour on the edges of the lake.The abundance of the blue green algae naturally present in the lake forms the primary food source for the flamingos.
Visitors can also enjoy the panoramic view of the lake from the baboon cliff, the highest point in the park. Other animals to be seen are- large herds of buffaloes, Defassa Waterbuck, Impalas, Grants and Thompson gazelles, Lions, Baboons, Cheetahs, Elands, Leopard, Spotted Hyena, Black and White Colobus Monkey, Common Zebra, Genet e.t.c, Game viewing is relatively easy.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
we pick all our clients from the Hotels, Airports or residential addresses as provided.Airports
- Jomo Kenyatta Intl Airport, Nairobi Kenya
- Wilson Airport, Nairobi Kenya
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.