1-Day Trip to Agra from Delhi by Train
Step back in time and discover the glory of Indian's Mughal Empire on this private 1-Day Train Tour from Delhi to Agra Taj Mahal (5am to 8pm). Visit India’s world famous Taj Mahal and Agra Fort. Your own private guide will ensure that you get an in-depth experience of these emblematic structures.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Round-Trip Train Ticket AC Chair Car between (Delhi - Agra)
- All Transfers/Sightseeing’s by air conditioned private vehicle
- Professional private live tour guide
- Monument entrance fees
- Buffet lunch
- Live Demonstration of Marble craftsmanship
- Live Demonstration of Handmade Embroidery (Zardozi)
- Live Demonstration of Hand Knotted Carpet weaving
- Pickup from Hotel / Airport or any other desired location in Delhi, Noida or Gurugram
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (recommended)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: New Delhi, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi
You will be picked up from your hotel/airport in Delhi at 5am and transferred to the New Delhi railway station to board a super fast deluxe train to the city of Taj Mahal Agra.
At 6am your train Shatabdi Exp (Train No. 12002) departs from the New Delhi railway station. Breakfast will be served on board during this 2-hour journey.
Upon arrival at 8am in Railway Station Agra, you will be greeted by your driver with your name on the nameplate at the main exit gate. He will transfer you to a 4/5 star hotel, where you will have some time to freshen up and, later meet your tour guide in the hotel lobby.
Your tour will start with a visit to the Taj Mahal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is regarded by many as the best example of Mughal architecture and is widely recognized as "the jewel of Muslim art in India". It is one of the world’s most celebrated structures and a symbol of India’s rich history.
At continue your tour by visiting Agra Fort, also a UNESCO World Heritage Site, built by Emperor Akbar in 1565 A.D. from red sandstone. The maze of the courtyards, mosques and private chambers of the fort echoes the story of the Mughal Empire.
At 1pm you will make a stop for lunch at a local restaurant.
After lunch, you may enjoy some shopping Agra is known for its fabulous handicrafts. The Mughals were great patrons of arts and crafts. Empress Nur Jahan took personal interest and was an accomplished artist herself in zari embroidery work. Agra's major handicraft products beside an inlay are: brass-ware, carpets, jewellery and embroidery and leather accessories and clothes.
At the end of this tour at 4:30pm you will be transferred back to Agra railway station to catch your train back to Delhi, which departs at 5:40pm.
At 7:30pm upon arrival to Nizamuddin railway station Delhi, you will be greeted by your driver, who then will transfer you back to your hotel/airport in Delhi.
Departure Point :New Delhi, Delhi, India
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from Hotel / Airport or any other desired location in Delhi, Noida or GurugramAirports
- Indira Gandhi Intl Airport, New Delhi, New Delhi 110037 India
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Dress code is smart casual
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Passport name, number, expiry, and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.