10-hours private Alexandria from Cairo/Giza hotels
Discover the old sites and history of Alexandria from its ancient Egyptian roots through the Classical period to Roman times and beyond on an enlightening full-day tour from Cairo. See the new Library of Alexandria, the Roman Catacombs, and much more.back to hotel either in cairo or giza with private pick up by our tour guide from your hotel in cairo or giza
per adult from
11 to 13 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- entry fees
- Entry/Admission - Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa
- Entry/Admission - Bibliotheca Alexandrina
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa, Kom Al Shokafa, Alexandria 21599 Egypt
Explore the rich history of Alexandria with private pick up from cairo and giza hotels 7 or 8 am;
Begin the journey with a visit to the Roman theater in Kom El-Deka; a marble theater that once seated 800 spectators with galleries, sections of mosaic flooring, and a pleasure garden, all surrounded by Roman baths and villas.
Continuing, explore the Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa; the necropolis of 3 sub-levels dating from the 2nd century AD merges aspects of Egyptian, Greek, and Roman culture in its features. See the Roman triclinium – a banquet hall to honor the dead, as well as statues, reliefs, and a pillared lobby featuring depictions of Egyptian gods in Roman armor.
optional stop for lunch
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bibliotheca Alexandrina, El Shatby, Alexandria 30100 Egypt
, see the site of the Alexandria Library. Concluding the tour, walk the ramparts of the 15th century Qaitbay Citadel, built upon the ruins of the ancient Alexandria Lighthouse. End this day of discovery with a relaxed evening drive back to Cairo, and your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All Cairo and Giza hotels
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.