10,000 Islands Boat Excursion See Marco's famous Dome Homes!
Imagine shelling on islands that are NOT picked over daily by 100's of people. With your naturalist guide, learn not only about individual shell animals, but learn "how to" shell from our Shelling Guru. This is an excellent "hands-on" experience for the young and old alike. Your naturalist guide will facilitate parents and grandparents wanting to be the educators.
This is not a typical preprogrammed tour. Every day and every tour can be different, so be sure to discuss with your guide the possibilities. This tour is approximately 3.5 hours in duration and departs twice daily at 9:00 and 1:30. Advanced reservations are required. Don't forget your cameras!
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Florida Master Naturalist Guide
- Explore an uninhabited barrier island on this exciting eco-tour
- Take advantage of great photo opportunities while on a large, stable boat
- See an amazing variety of birds and other wildlife
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: TEN THOUSAND ISLANDS NWR, 3860 Tollgate Blvd Ste 300, Naples, FL 34114-5444
The 10,000 Islands Excursion is the best way to experience the natural world around Marco Island. Conducted within the 10,000 Islands Wildlife Refuge, you will experience what many describe as, "The Best of Florida".
The tour is a two-part experience. The first part is a slow, intimate boating tour amongst the remote islands of the Ten Thousand Islands. While you search for dolphins, manatees and sea turtles, you may encounter ospreys, bald eagles, ibis, roseate spoonbill, egrets, herons and any number of shorebird species. All the while, your formally trained Florida Master Naturalist guide will talk to you about the area's ecosystems, it's long history and rich culture. The second part of your excursion is an exploration of a remote barrier island beach ... an island that you only can reach by boat ... an island that few get to experience. Learn about beach dynamics; stroll through the tidal flats and wade the tidal pools of these remote islands.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :740 Palm Point Dr, Goodland, FL 34140, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.