11-Days Sahara Dune Merzouga, Mountains & Kasbah
This is the ultimate quad ATV journey through south Morocco!. We take you from the bustling city of Marrakech and its ancient medina to the Sahara dunes through the beautiful Draa Valley, passing through small Berber villages to reach the fossils region of Serdrar. Here we stay in the one of the most beautiful camp in the desert! We continue crossing the desert to the Lmharche dunes and gorge before reaching one of the best and highest dunes of North Africa in Merzouga. From the dunes, we discover the treasure of the desert, fossil, before returning to Marrakech. This will certainly be one of the most unforgettable experience of your life!
per adult from
What's included :
- 10 nights accommodation
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Use of quad/ATV
- Use of helmet
- Private tour
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Day 1: Arrive in Marrakech
Pick up from airport and transfer to riad or hotel. Explore the colors and smell of the medina. Visit museums, palace and gardens nearby in your free time.
Day 2: Marrakech to Ait Ben Haddou (4×4, 200km)
Pick up from hotel after breakfast and transfer in 4x4 to the small Berber village of Ait Ben Haddou. Visit the UNESCO World Heritage kasbah which is also the location of many mega movies over the years.
Day 3: Ait Ben Haddou to Boumalne (Quad, 150km)
Start driving our quad/ATV today after breakfast to the Dades Valley (or Rose Valley) where the famous Rose festival are held every year in May. Immerse in the aroma of rose and wild grandeur of the High Atlas.
Day 4: Boumalne to Serdrare (Quad, 130km)
From the beautiful oasis, we drive to the fossil region of Serdrar and stay in the absolutely beautiful Camp Serdrar in Timganine. Here we will explore the rock engravings closeby. Relax in the garden with wifi and enjoy another starry night in this oasis.
Day 5: Serdrare to Lmharche (Quad, 100km)
After a magical evening in the tranquility of the desert, we cross the desert to the Lmharche dunes and gorge.
Day 6: Lmharche to Merzouga (Quad, 100km)
Today is the highlight of our tour! We will arrive at one of the best and highest dunes in north Africa in Merzouga. Feel the total freedom and exhilaration when you drive the quad up and down all the largest dunes in the area!
Day 7: Merzouga to Alnif (Quad, 100km)
Say goodbye to the dunes. Today we drive to the fossil town of Alnif. This is where the Anti-Atlas Mountains Paleozoic rocks (between 245 and 570 million years), were deposited when a shallow sea covered the region. Trilobites & squid-like nautiloids with cone-shaped shells, from the seafloor are preserved, like an open air museum.
Day 8: Alnif to Agdz (Quad, 150km)
We drive through the Anti-Atlas region with our quads to the desert town of Agdz, located along the old caravan route linking Marrakech to Timbuktu, and played an important role in the exchange of goods across the Sahara.
Day 9: Agdz to Ait Ben Haddou (Quad, 100km)
Today is the last day in our quads. We made our way back to Ait Ben Haddou and celebrate together on this unforgettable journey!
Day 10: Ait Ben Haddou to Marrakech (4×4, 200km)
Transfer back to Marrakech in 4x4. Do some last minute shopping or simply get a hammam or massage at the many quality spa in the medina to relax your muscles.
Day 11: Transfer to airport
Departure Point :Our office in Ait Ben Haddou
Departure Time :Pick up at airport on Day 1. Pick up from hotel on Day 2 after breakfast and transfer to Ait Ben Haddou in 4x4.
Return Detail :same
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- One person per quad only (driver only; no passenger allowed)
- All drivers must be between 18 to 65 years old and have a valid driver license from their respective country
- A minimum of 4 people per booking and maximum of 7 people per booking is required
- All participants must have travel insurance that cover adventure sport such as quad or ATV bike driving
- Not suitable for participants with back problems
- Not suitable for pregnant women
- Not suitable for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date
- Comfortable shoes/boots and jacket appropriate for off-road driving in the strong desert sun and wind.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.