11 Days Trek Into the Himalayas with Yoga and Meditation (women-only)
Embark on this rich, immersive, all-inclusive 10-day journey into the heart of the Himalayas with a group of like-minded women to find your own source of inspiration. As you journey deep into the mountains surrounding the Langtang Valley, let the towering giants of the Himalayas inform your yoga and meditation practice. Your day will be spent slowly trekking through villages bursting with culture or forests replete with biodiversity, discovering Nepal at a leisurely pace in the company of other wonderful women. This journey has been carefully put together by two ladies who have rich and varied international experience but have been nourished by the Himalayas, and want to share their experience with other women. (limited availability)
per adult from
What's included :
- Briefing dinner on the evening before the trek
- Private transportation from Kathmandu and back
- Trekking and national park permits
- 10 nights accommodation on the trail
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner throughout the trek
- An experienced woman trail guide and an experienced woman yoga and meditation teacher
What's excluded :
- Personal travel insurance for clients is not included. It is recommended that you get your travel insurance before coming to Nepal, or before starting the trek, if already in Nepal.
- Trekking gear such as shoes, trekking poles, sleeping bag or jackets. These can be bought or rented in Kathmandu.
- Food items purchased outside of the regular breakfast, lunch and dinners offered. These include water, juices, coffee, baked goods, chocolate or alcohol.
- Anything else not explicitly listed in "inclusions.
- Over 10 days, you will venture deep into the Langtang Valley, going at a pace that allows enough time to allow your body and mind to adjust and take in the mountains and culture. You will start at Kathmandu, where you will be briefed over dinner, and catch a private vehicle to the trail-head early next day. You will be led by two women: one is an experienced meditation and yoga teacher who will guide morning yoga as the sun rises in the Himalayas, and help you end the day with quiet reflection and meditation. The other is an adventurer and wildlife enthusiast who will help you get acquainted with the natural and cultural wonders of the area.
You will slowly trek through Tamang and Sherpa villages, eventually arriving in Kyanjin Gompa where you will spend three days. You can choose to spend these days with your yoga and meditation teacher deepening your yoga and meditation practice, or venturing out with your adventure lead to take on the challenging but rewarding task of scaling a trekking peak, getting to almost 5,000 metres.
Your package includes a briefing dinner on the day before the trek, private transportation to the trailhead at Syabrubesi, all shared accommodation and three meals a day throughout the trek, and private transportation back to Kathmandu at the end of the trek. Expenses of a private nature such as baked goods, chocolates, extra coffees and juices, alcohol are not included.
Who is this trek for?
All women above 18 can join. If you have a daily yoga practice, engage in daily exercise, or otherwise keep fit, you will be able to handle this journey. There are also enough side trips if you want to push yourself more. If you want the experience of combining an outdoor adventure with a reflective inner journey, have an open mind, a sense of humor, and a spirit of adventure then this trip is for you.
If you are coming to Nepal just for this trip, we suggest leaving a buffer of one day in Kathmandu before you have to fly out. This will leave plenty of time for the unforeseen, which is quite common in Nepal. We are also happy to help you arrange your trip before or after the trek, just let us know.
The Langtang Valley is one of the most spectacular treks for the beginner. While the hike there is as simple (or as difficult) as other beginner treks in Nepal, you get right to the base of the mountains and are surrounded by them in just a few days. The rich Tamang and Sherpa cultures, together with mindblowing biodiversity in the well-preserved Langtang National Park, makes this trek truly amazing. In addition, the people of Langtang have now put their heart and soul into rebuilding their teahouses after the earthquake, and the facilities are better than ever before. When we journey there, we bring much needed business and thus hope for a better future.
Departure Point :Kathmandu
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.