12 Apostles Eco-Friendly Great Ocean Road Iconic Adventure from Melbourne
The Great Ocean Road is travelled by more than 3.5million visitors each year. The crowds at each iconic destination are becoming increasingly busy making this magical region harder to enjoy. We have designed this Reverse Great Ocean Road Tour to avoid the crowds at peak times and to also allow our guests to see the awe inspiring 12 Apostles in the morning sun light which brightly illuminates this incredible rock formation. Journey along the entire Great Ocean Road stopping to walk through an ancient rainforest, explore quaint seaside villages, encounter wild Koalas and see the many incredible cliff top lookouts along the way.
per adult from
What's included :
- Admission to Great Ocean Road National Parks
- Light picnic lunch provided
- Australian wildlife sightings in there natural habitat
- Professional driver guide with live commentary
- On-board wifi and water refill station
- Audio translation app available in 10 different languages.
- Small-group tour, on a 24-seater air conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Twelve Apostles Visitor Facility
- Entry/Admission - Loch Ard Gorge
- Entry/Admission - Mait's Rest
- Entry/Admission - Great Ocean Road Memorial Archway
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Any meals not indicated
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: WWI Memorial, 117 Murray St, Colac VIC 3250, Australia
Escape the city by traveling inland direct to the Shipwreck Coast via Colac enjoying a complimentary morning tea along the way. Refreshments stop.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Twelve Apostles Visitor Facility, Great Ocean Road, Princetown, Victoria 3269 Australia
Take a journey and experience the Great Ocean Road reverse tour in the opposite direction to the masses, enabling you to escape the crowds and enjoy this famous & picturesque coastline in all it’s glory. Explore the cliff edge boardwalk located in the Marine National Park, with spectacular unobstructed views of the limestone rock formations known as the 12 Apostles.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Loch Ard Gorge, Great Ocean Road Port Campbell National Park, Port Campbell, Victoria Australia
Our first major stop will be the breath-taking 12 Apostles and the extraordinary rock formations of Loch Ard Gorge in Port Campbell. Discover Mutton Bird Island & Razorback lookout, both offering amazing views.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Mait's Rest, 17km west of Apollo Bay, Apollo Bay, Victoria Australia
Then, enjoy a guided walk through Maits Rest or Melba Gully, an ancient rainforest admiring some of the world’s tallest trees in the Great Otway National Park
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Great Ocean Road, Great Ocean Road, Victoria
We continue our journey along this spectacular National Heritage listed road winding between hillsides, pristine beaches, stunning ocean views and dense rainforest. The Great Ocean Road is famously known as one of the world’s most scenic coastal routes which you will get to enjoy without all the crowds. Our local guides will try to seek out the iconic Australian koala, as this coastal region is heavily populated with these furry creatures hidden within the pockets of Eucalyptus forests.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Great Ocean Road Memorial Archway, Great Ocean Rd 689/721 Great Ocean Rd, Lorne, Victoria Australia
Stopping next at the Great Ocean Road Memorial Arch, one of the most photographed spots along this rugged coastline. This monument is a tribute to the World War One serviceman who built the Great Ocean Road stretching 243 kilometres and was finally completed in 1932. A great location to grab a group photo under the archway and share with friends on social media.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria
From here, we sit back, relax and enjoy the drive back into the dynamic and cosmopolitan city of Melbourne.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Immigration Museum, 400 Flinders St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Departure Time :7:35 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately (it can get cold)
- Child fare prices apply to 0 to 12 years old. Infants aged 0 to 4 are not permitted to travel on adult laps and must be safely restrained within a child protective seat. Infant protective seats are free of charge and must be requested at time of booking.
- Children ages 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Our vehicles are not wheelchair, prams or child stroller accessible please refrain from bring on tour.
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- For your safety, we have implemented comprehensive hygiene measures and increased regular sanitation. It is mandatory that all guests complete the Declaration of Health and Travel History and reconfirm their tour 48 hours prior to departure.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.