12 Churches Trail in Marjan Forest park
Marjan is one of the most important symbols of Split, and many citizens consider it for centuries as a spiritual refuge. Its forest paths, rocky and pebbled beaches, small medieval churches and other signs of centuries old heritage and human presence are literally everywhere, and one can spend hours wandering around. A circle we will do around Marjan will introduce you to its most beautiful sights, and view from almost any given spot is breathtaking. If you want to act like people of Split, visit Marjan. I like to spend hours there, exploring brings always something new.
per adult from
What's included :
- Certified tour guide
What's excluded :
We will explore Marjan forest park, one of the most important symbols of Split. This trail will take you to about a dozen small medieval churches scattered around Marjan as a spiritual circle of old Split. Also, we will explore hidden paths through pine forest, and learn about history of this place and its meaning for Split. It's also possible to go swimming on one of many rocky spots. I will show you important heritage and natural landmarks, including several viewing points with views on Split, Dalmatian islands and surrounding area.
Marjan is one of my favorite spots in Split where I like to spend time walking, biking or just exploring its paths and secrets.
Guests should be moderately fit for a few hours of easy walking, some of it uphill. Make sure to bring bottled water, and along our way there are several fresh water fountains for refill. Most of churches are open only on certain holidays, and not available for visit.
• Marjan Park, Split 21000 Croatia
• Church of the Holy Cross Velo Varos, Krizheva 29, Split 21000 Croatia
• Old Jewish Cemetery, Kolombatovicevo Setaliste 1, Split 21000 Croatia
• Bene Beach, Setaliste Martina Tartaglie, Split 21000 Croatia
• Prva Vidilica Na Marjanu, Setaliste Luke Botica 3, Split 21000 Croatia
Departure Point :The church and monastery of St. Frane, Split, Trg Franje Tuđmana 1, 21000, Split, Croatia
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.