12 days Climbing tour: Altai Tavan Bogd National Park, Western Mongolia
Altai Tavan Bogd National Park is located on the Western most point of Mongolia in Bayan-Ulgii Province. The scenery is gorgeous, picturesque landscapes around every corner. The snow-capped Kuiten Uul mountain,4374 m (14,201 ft), is the highest of the five peaks of Tavan Bogd Mountains (literally '5 Saints') that gives the park its name.Climbing will be led by experienced mountaineer.The busy season is from June to October when temperatures are warmer, snow has melted, and tour camps and shuttles are operating. Since it's high mountain range weather is not stable even in summer therefore climbing fully dependable from weather. The 12 day is the minimum number for the trip and only for those who has limited time of traveling. If you would like to travel unhurried and would like to have more beautiful nature sightseeing then it's possible to extend the days. Tour transportation would be Russian 4x4 minivan transport, camels etc..,
per adult from
12 to 14 days
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Light refreshments
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Airport/Departure Tax
- Drinks (except specified in the main menu)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Day 1: Arrival day in Ulaanbaatar, drive to hotel with guide. We will do short tour - Sukhbaatar square, National History Museum, Narantuul black market, Zaisan Hill, State Department Store. Traditional folk concert in the evening. dinner with traditional meal and stay hotel.
Day 2: This day will have domestic flight to Bayan-Olgii. Arrive at Bayan-ulgi drive to f Altai Tavan Bogd mountain. Stay overnight in tent near the rover Oigor.
Day 3: Taken to the Takhilgiin shrine of Altai Tavan Bogd protected area by truck. Then hiking for 4 hours to the base camp.
Day 4: In the early morning, start climbing to Malchin Peak /4031м/. Getting out there and back would need a whole day.
Leisure day. High altitude plant, glacier photo opportunity.
Walking towards high altitude camp through the glacier. The day to walk up to 3600 m. Setup a camp the stay the night.
Day 7: Climbing continues as planned, after eaching the peak return to the camp base.
Day 8: Depending on weather extra day planned.
Day 9: Return to Bayan-Olgii, it may depend on whether you had extra days out there.
Day 10: On local flight from Bayan-Olgii to Ulaanbaatar. Relaxing in the hotel, invited to Bachata and Salsa dance party in the evening.
Day 11: After breakfast we will drive to 350 year old Mandzushir temple and climb Tsetsee Goun peak 43 km from Ulaanbaatar.
Day 12: Last day of the tour, arrive at Chingiss Khaan airport.
Departure Point :"Narantuul" hotel along the Peace Avenue.
Departure Time :8.30am, 9am, 12am (Monday-Sunday) (depending on the travelers flight schedule)
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult (children not for climbing just for the tour)
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.