12 People Guided Tour: Morning Vatican Museum & Afternoon Colosseum
Visit Rome's most visited monument with a max 12 people group tour that makes it easy and fun for everyone. In the morning, enter to the astoundingly beautiful Vatican City, home to some of the most famous collections of art & architecture in the world and in the afternoon, learn about ancient Rome's history from a professional tour guide that will bring the stones to life.
Your professional guide will bring to life the fantastic art, history and architecture housed within the walls of this beautiful city's 7 km of galleries, chapels and rooms. Then move on to the Sistine Chapel and see Michelangelo painted ceiling described in detail in a small semi-private experience.
After this, you will be escorted in St. Peters Basilica from a priority access to explore it at your own leisure.
Then, an expert guide will take you on a journey back in time, recreating the amazing history and mysteries of the largest amphitheater ever constructed in the centre of ancient Rome.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional art historian guides
- Headsets to hear your guide clearly
- Assistance on site and from our local offices
- 12 people maximum in the tour
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Via Leone IV, 6, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
You will begin your tour in the morning at the meeting office, that is situated very close to the Vatican Museums entrance.
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Accompany us on this exceptional journey in a Semi-Private tour skipping the long ticket lines and enter the astoundingly beautiful Vatican City, home to some of the most famous collections of art & architecture in the world.
Be lead by your professional guide who will bring to life the fantastic art, history and architecture housed within the walls of this beautiful city's 7 km of galleries, chapels and rooms. These include multiple sculpture museums with special galleries dedicated to statues, busts, and masks. Even more impressive is the collection of paintings with works by Da Vinci, Bellini, Titian, and a suite of rooms dedicated to the frescoes of Raphael.
Duration: 2 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
The Sistine Chapel has drawn admirers from around the world for over five hundred years, ever since the completion of Michelangelo’s great Sistine Chapel ceiling. The magnificent frescoes that makeup Michelangelo’s famous ceiling include The Creation of Adam, an iconic depiction of a Biblical scene; only Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa matches its artistic significance. To be admired in silence, the Sistine Chapel provokes awe among its visitors with breath-taking art and architecture in all directions. In order to prepare you for the grandeur of the Chapel’s interior, our guides will offer a helpful history of the art inside and provide orientation to better direct your exploration.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
After this, you will be escorted in St. Peters Basilica from a priority access to explore it at your own leisure. Our Small group Vatican & Sistine chapel tour paves the way for you to visit the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica in all its beauty.
Pass By: Via del Colosseo, 24, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
You will begin your second tour in the afternoon at the meeting office. Here you can take some beautiful wide-angle and panoramic photos of the Colosseum and surrounding areas before the tour begins. Being one of the most visited monuments in the world, there are regularly long ticket lines at the Colosseum. By joining our official Semi Private Colosseum Tour we will provide you with 'skip the line' entrance tickets, so the group can head straight inside and not waste time standing around in ticket lines.
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
As you walk inside the Colosseum, you will begin to feel the magnitude of where you are. Exploring the ground floor level and up to the second tier, your guide will recreate the past, with stories of epic battles, painting pictures in your mind, bringing to life the walls that surround you.
Learn about the types of games and ferocious battles that the Romans enjoyed the most. See where the emperor would be perched, high above the arena floor, ready to decide the fate of another gladiator as he stood before a roaring Roman crowd. Along with providing you with expert knowledge, your guide will also point out the best places to capture that perfect picture during your tour, as you tour the circumference of the Colosseum.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: Via Leone IV, 6, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
2: Via del Colosseo, 24, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- The tour reservations have strict timing. To join the tour you are required to be at the meeting point for check-in at least 30 minutes prior to your Vatican Museum tour and at 2:30 pm your Colosseum tour. If you arrive late for the meeting time, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again. As per "No Show" rules you will not be entitled to a refund.
- The exact timings and reservations can vary, dependant on the monument/attractions administration offices availabilities and decisions on the booking day and can be subject to last minute changes. Departure time can differ up to 20 minutes from your selected time
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Please be aware that large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the monument/ attraction. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the monument.
- All clients will be asked to show a photo ID, you must bring a photo ID to be allowed into the monuments.
- Pets are not allowed inside the venue
- On Wednesday, due to the weekly Papal Audience, and on religious ceremony there is a possibility that St Peter's Basilica will be unavailable during which the access to St Peter's Basilica is closed.
- We can’t be held responsible in case of sudden closure of the Saint Peter’s Basilica or any other room inside the Vatican Museums without notice, as this is a decision of the Vatican Administration itself and we have no control over it.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.