12 People Guided Tour: Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Colosseum
Start the morning, joining a very small group up to 12 people and enter the Vatican Museum, home to some of the most famous collections of art & architecture in the world. On this Small group tour, you will beat the crowd skipping the long ticket lines and join us on an emotional experience through the Vatican City including the Sistine Chapel. After this, you will be escorted in St. Peters Basilica from a priority access to explore it at your own leisure.
In the afternoon, you will visit Colosseum. By joining our semi private tour we will provide you with 'skip the line' entrance tickets, so the group can head straight inside and not waste time standing around in ticket lines.
In 1 day you will visit two of the world 's most emblematic sites, explained by professional English speaking guides.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Professional art historian guides
- Headsets to hear your guide clearly
- Assitance on site and from our local offices
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Via Leone IV, 6, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
You will begin the tour at the office nearby the Vatican Museum. You will skip the long ticket lines and enter the astoundingly beautiful Vatican City, home to some of the most famous collections of art & architecture in the world.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Be lead by your professional guide who will bring to life the fantastic art, history and architecture housed within the walls of this beautiful city's 7 km of galleries, chapels and rooms. These include multiple sculpture museums with special galleries dedicated to statues, busts, and masks. Even more impressive is the collection of paintings with works by Da Vinci, Bellini, Titian, and a suite of rooms dedicated to the frescoes of Raphael.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
The Sistine Chapel has drawn admirers from around the world for over five hundred years, ever since the completion of Michelangelo’s great Sistine Chapel ceiling. The magnificent frescoes that makeup Michelangelo’s famous ceiling include The Creation of Adam, an iconic depiction of a Biblical scene; only Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa matches its artistic significance. To be admired in silence, the Sistine Chapel provokes awe amongst its visitors with breath-taking art and architecture in all directions. In order to prepare you for the grandeur of the Chapel’s interior, our guides will offer a helpful history of the art inside and provide orientation to better direct your exploration.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
After this, you will be escorted in St.Peters Basilica from a priority access to explore it at your own leisure. Our Ultimate Small group Vatican & Sistine chapel tour paves the way for you to visit the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica in all its beauty.
Stop At: Colosseum Tours | Explore Italy Tours, Via del Colosseo, 24, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
You have to arrive at ou office at the Colosseum to check-in for the second tour.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
In the afternoon you will meet our staff at our office at Colosseum. You can take some beautiful wide-angle and panoramic photos of the Colosseum and surrounding areas before the tour begins. Being one of the most visited monuments in the world, there is regularly long ticket line at the Colosseum. By joining our official Small-Group Colosseum Tour we will provide you with 'skip the line' entrance tickets, so the group can head straight inside and not waste time standing around in ticket lines.
As you walk inside the Colosseum, you will begin to feel the magnitude of where you are. Exploring the ground floor level and up to the second tier, your guide will recreate the past, with stories of epic battles, painting pictures in your mind, bringing to life the walls that surround you.
Learn about the types of games and ferocious battles that the Romans enjoyed the most. See where the emperor would be perched, high above the arena floor, ready to decide the fate of another gladiator as he stood before a roaring Roman crowd. Along with providing you with expert knowledge, your guide will also point out the best places to capture that perfect picture during your tour, as you tour the circumference of the Colosseum.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: Via Leone IV, 6, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
2: Via del Colosseo, 24, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 1, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- The tour reservations have strict timing. To join the tour you are required to be at the meeting point for check-in 30 minutes before departure time for your Vatican tour and at 2:30 pm for your Colosseum tour. If you arrive late for the meeting time, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again. As per "No Show" rules you will not be entitled to a refund.
- All visitors must pass through the monument/attraction security check please allow at least 20 minutes to clear security.
- The exact timings and reservations can vary, dependant on the monument/attractions administration offices availabilities and decisions on the booking day and can be subject to last minute changes. Departure time can differ up to 20 minutes from your selected time
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Please be aware that large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the monument/ attraction. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the monument.
- All clients will be asked to show a photo ID, you must bring a photo ID to be allowed into the monuments.
- Pets are not allowed inside the venue
- On Wednesday, due to the weekly Papal Audience, and on religious ceremony there is a possibility that St Peter's Basilica will be unavailable during which the access to St Peter's Basilica is closed.
- We can’t be held responsible in case of sudden closure of the Saint Peter’s Basilica or any other room inside the Vatican Museums without notice, as this is a decision of the Vatican Administration itself and we have no control over it.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.