1856 The Untold Story
On 8 June 1856 a total of 194 people, descendants from the Bounty, arrived on Norfolk Island from Pitcairn Island aboard the Morayshire. This consisted of 40 men, 47 women, 54 boys, and 53 girls. They arrived in cold, wet blustery conditions. Few had ever been to sea before, They were seasick, homesick, and heartsick. The journey of 6,00 km / 3,700 miles took five weeks. They arrived to a recently abandoned penal settlement set aside for the ‘worst of the worst’ it was full of ghosts and memories. It was a large and frightening testimony of man’s inhumanity to man. The 1856 untold story will follow their journey in the World Heritage Listed Kingston area.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- On board commentary
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Kingston Pier, Kingston, Norfolk Island Australia
The 1856 untold story sound and light show will follow the journey of the Bounty descendants from Pitcairn Island through the World Heritage Listed Kingston area. Baunti Escapes will bring the past to life with an audio aboard their coach, recounting stories of the families, where they lived and how they adapted to their new life on Norfolk Island. This 1 hour tour is very evocative.
Departure Point :Baunti Escapes Tours, Burnt Pine Travel, 65B Taylors Rd, 2899, Burnt Pine 2899, Norfolk Island
Traveler pickup is offered
Pease visit the Baunti Escapes office before your tour to confirm your departure time and exchange your voucher for a BE ticket.
Departure Time :7:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.