1Day Kampala City Tour
The 1 day tour is around Uganda's capital city Kampala, It is in the South Central part of the country close to the shores of Lake Victoria. Among the places to be visited in kampala is the gadaffi mosque, the 2nd largest in Africa and is located at the Old Kampala. This mosque was given as a gift by the late col. Muammar Gaddafi the former president of Libya. The Uganda museum and Buganda cultural trail will be visited. There will be a tour around the Kampala tax park with hundreds of Commuter Taxis jam parked in a small Park (you will be guided to climb an adjacent high building to have an aerial view of this sometimes chaotic but exciting Park).
Don't miss lunch in one of Kampala's finest restaurants and a culural performace at Ndere Cultural Centre.
per adult from
What's included :
- Ground transportation with driver fees
- All activities mentioned in the itirenary
- Drinking water
- Government taxes
- Ndere Cultural Centre Entrance
- Entry/Admission - Uganda Museum
- Entry/Admission - Ndere Centre
What's excluded :
- Anything that is not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Any Personal Expenditure
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kampala, Kampala, Central Region
Our day will begin with a pick up from your accommodation to start your tour around Uganda’s capital city. Kampala is generally a safe city with no hustle directed but like any other city, you are advised to take care of your belongings. It was originally built on the seven hills for historical, colonial and religious importance.
Below are some of the site visits, we shall make during this amazing experience.
Visit Buganda’s cultural trail;
Buganda Royal/Kabaka’s Palace and its parliament where we shall discover the fascinating stories about the Buganda Culture and their leaders. The norms and customs of the Baganda people.
The Gaddafi Mosque experience;
Visit the Uganda National Mosque, also the 2nd largest in Africa. It’s located at the Old Kampala. This mosque was given as a gift by the late col. Muammar Gaddafi the former president of Libya. The mosque is popularly visited by tourists because it also gives a better view for Kampala city as you are on its platform.
Tour around Kampala Taxi Park;
With hundreds of Commuter Taxis jam parked in a small Park (you will be guided to climb an adjacent high building to have an aerial
view of this sometimes chaotic but exciting Park).
Time for Lunch; you will be taken for a lunch break at one of the best restaurants to have a taste of Uganda’s fresh traditional delicious foods. Dine at any of the following restaurants,Feed rite restaurant, Wombo restaurant, Baguma's restaurant, Sophie’s restaurant or any other of your choice.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Uganda Museum, 5-7 Kira Road Pob 365, Kampala Uganda
A display of Uganda’s cultural heritage where one can see ethnological and natural-historical exhibitions. It is a vivid reminder of the country’s colorful past.
The Uganda Museum (founded in 1908) in Kampala has exhibits of traditional culture, archeology, history, science, and natural history. It regularly presents performances of traditional music.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ndere Centre, Plot 2872 - 9867 Butukirwa P. O. Box 11353, Kampala Uganda
Wind up your day with a visit to Ndere Cultural centre for an amazing cultural performance for all the 56tribes in Uganda. Enjoy the dances and the entertaining stories that take place on Wednesday and Friday at 7pm, then Sunday at 6pm. You will have your dinner here before heading back to your hotels.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our day will begin with a pick up from your accommodation around kampala or Entebbe to start our tour around Uganda’s capital city.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.