1Night 2Days Tour of Shantiniketan from Kolkata
Shantiniketan is a popular tourist enchantment of international fame. It is a famous cultural and historical past area of historical significance. Rabindranath lived here and penned lots of his literary classics (specifically Tagore songs, poems, novels, and so on. The Shantiniketan campus is adorned by awesome sculptures, frescoes, murals, and artwork of Rabindranath, Nandalal Bose, Ramkinkar, Binodbehari Mukhopadhyay and others. Birbhum District, where the Shantiniketan is positioned, is likewise well-known for its fairs and fairs like Poush Mela (December), Basanta Utsav (Holi) in March and the famous mystic Baul Singers. Bengali New year and Rabindra Janmotsav, the birthday rite of Kobiguru Rabindra Nath are celebrated inside the Bengali month of Boisakh with super cultural fervor. Briksharopan, The pageant of Planting Saplings, and Halakarshan, The festival of Plowing the Fields, are celebrated on 22nd And 23rd day of Sravana (August).
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- English & Hindi Speaking Guide (Fees applicable)
What's excluded :
- Use of bicycle
- Private transportation
Day 1: Kolkata to Santiniketan
Pass By: Visva Bharati University, Shantiniketan, Santiniketan 731235 India
The morning after breakfast transfer Kolkata to Shantiniketan (165 KM / 4Hrs). Shantiniketan Is a small town near color in the Birbhum district of West Bengal. It is famous due to Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore, whose vision became what is now a University Town - Visva-Bharati University. The place now attracts thousands of visitors each year.
Shantiniketan was earlier called Bhubandanga (named after bhuban dakat, a local dacoit), and was owned by the Tagore family. In 1862, Maharishi Devendranath Tagore, the poet’s father, while on a boat journey to Raipur, came across a landscape with red soil and lush green paddy fields. He decided to plant more saplings and built a small house. He called his home Shantiniketan. He founded an ashram here in 1863 and became the initiator of the Brahmo Samaj. Evening free for individual activity. Overnight at Hotel.
No accommodation included on this day.
Day 2: Santiniketan sightseeing and Transfer To Kolkata
Pass By: Shantiniketan, Shantiniketan, Birbhum District, West Bengal
Morning after breakfast full day Shantiniketan local sightseeing covering Uttaryan Complex (houses of Tagore- Udayan, Shyamali, Konarak, Udichi, Punashchha & Bichitra Museum), Visva Bharati University Campus, Khoai, Kopai River, Saturday’s & Sunday’s Haat (handicrafts fair), Amar Kutir & Deer Park at Ballavpur, Bird Sanctuary (Prokriti Bikhon Kendra), Prantik, Shyer Bithi (Eco-park) at Lahabadh, Srijani Kankalitala (Sati Pith Temple), Siksha Bhavana, Vidya Bhavana, Sangeet Bhavana, Patha Bhavana, Nippon Bhavana, Sriniketan Chhatimtala, Rabindra Bhavan, Kala Bhavana. Evening free for individual activity. Transfer from Shantiniketan to Kolkata (165 KM / 4 Hrs). TOUR ENDS.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Kolkata, Howrah, Sealdah Railway StationAirports
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Airport, Kolkata (Calcutta) India
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.