2 day 1 night sweet water's safari - Mt Kenya Region
Enjoy a day at the Olpajetta Conservancy which is mostly know as Sweetwaters Chimpanzee Sanctuary. Over the last decade, Sweetwaters Chimpanzee Sanctuary has been compelled to keep accepting chimpanzees rescued from traumatic situations - bringing the total number of chimpanzees in the Sanctuary to 35. Many are confiscated from cramped and unnatural living conditions, and many arrive with horrific injuries sustained from abuse at the hands of humans. Here at Sweetwaters, they get a chance to start over.
per adult from
What's included :
- Overnight accommodation
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup
- Professional guide
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Pick up from your hotel at 0800 hrs then proceed to Mount Kenya Region.
Lunch at the Serena Sweetwater’s tented camp then proceed for afternoon game drives at Olpajeta sanctuary.
Dinner and overnight at the Sweet waters Tented camp
Olpajeta is the only sanctuary for rehabilitation in Kenya of these widely abused chimpanzees with two groups living in an environment as close to their natural habitat as possible. The site is also a dedicated black rhino breeding area.
With 24-hour veterinary support and a stimulating quarantine enclosure, chimpanzees arriving at the Sanctuary are carefully nursed back to health. When they are ready, they are introduced into one of the two large groups at the Sanctuary, who live in vast natural enclosures separated by the Ewaso Nyiro River. The chimps have set feeding times, and return to their indoor enclosures at night – but other than that they spend their days exploring, climbing, socialising, and learning to be chimpanzees all over again.
Departure Point :Nairobi City
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Nairobi
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.