2-Day Bisoke Volcano Hike, Twin Lakes Canoe, Nature Walk & Iwacu Cultural Tour
Mount Bisoke is one of the Virunga volcanoes and boasts a wonderful crater lake at the summit where you also get to enjoy the views of the sublime forests, the green farms and the lakes in the area. The hike to the volcano starts at 7:00AM and usually last around 5 to 6 hours depending on level of fitness. The hike starts from the Volcanoes National Park which is home to the mountain gorillas and the golden monkeys but there is very little chance you might see because we take a different hiking trail.
The tour also offers an opportunity to encounter the local people of Burera who take us on a canoe tour to the many islands of the Twin Lakes (Ruhondo, Burera). We also take a short walk through the hills and get to discover the history of the communities who live in that area.
We also get to visit the Iby'Iwacu Cultural Centre where we are welcome by the traditional ballet and get to understand the traditions and culture of the people who lived in the ancient kingdom of Rwanda.
per adult from
What's included :
- Volcano hike permit
- Canoe boat tour on Twin Lakes
- Private transportation
- Breakfast & Picnic Lunch
- Entry fee (Iby'Iwacu Cultural Center)
- Accommodation (3 star hotel in Musanze)
What's excluded :
- Coffee and Alcohol
- Travel Insurance
- Hiking equipment & porters
Bisoke volcanoe has a spectacular crater lake.
Lakes Burera and Ruhondo (Twin Lakes), close to the gorilla-tracking center of Kinigi, are often called neglected gems perhaps because they are among least traveled attractions in Rwanda.
For those with a taste for adventure, a boat trip on Twin Lakes provides the chance to see the five volcanoes and natural features like birds, hammerkops, cranes and lots of kingfishers and herons. You can may book additional tours such as fishing with the locals or experiencing the Rwandan cultural and historical with a traditional community.
• Lake Burera and Lake Ruhondo, Rwanda
• Volcanoes National Park, Musanze Kinigi, Ruhengeri Rwanda
• Musanze District, Musanze District, Northern Province
• Iby'iwacu Cultural Village, Close To the Virunga National Park, Kinigi Rwanda
• Kinigi, Kinigi, Musanze District, Northern Province
Departure Point :Yambi Guesthouse, KK 722 Street, Gikondo - Rebero opposite Rujugiro House, Kigali, Rwanda
Departure Time :6/20/2019 - 11/25/2021
Monday - Sunday: 05:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.