2-Day Chichicastenango and Lake Atitlan Tour from Guatemala City or Antigua
The trip consists of a visit to the open market of Chichicastenango on the first day. On the second day you will be visiting Panajachel and Lake Atitlan on a boat.
In Chichicastenango you will be able to explore the indigenous market and be witness of the incessant exchange of fruits, vegetables and handicrafts between local people and foreigners.
Lake Atitlán was formed when a volcanic caldera depleted of its magma. Three stately volcanoes, Atitlan, Tolimán and San Pedro rise gracefully from its southern shore, their perfect cones reflected in the azure mirror of the lake. Weaving made and worn by the Maya-Tzutujil and Cakchiquel women who live around the lake and many of the men also wear traditional, hand-woven clothing.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Overnight accommodation
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Lake Atitlan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Day 1: Guatemala City - Chichicastenango - Panajachel
Stop At: Mercado de Chichicastenango, Btw 7a & 8a Calle, Chichicastenango 14006 Guatemala
Arrival to Chichicastenango’s Market. In the center of town is the local market where you can buy wood products, ceramics and even gifts that the Mayan priests offer on their prehispanic altars. You can also admire the Church of Santo Tomas which was built by Dominicans and Kichen in the year of 1540 on a Maya altar, which even today is used on the front steps of the church.
On the other side is Calvary Church, in the square you can see a high stick where they have done each year the presentation of the Palo Volador.
Duration: 2 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Overnight at Posada de Don Rodrigo Panajachel or Similar
Day 2: Boat tour to Santiago Atitlan - Guatemala City
Stop At: Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
After breakfast, we will take a private boat to cross Lake Atitlan and visit the Tzutuhil Village of Santiago de Atitlán.
In this village you will visit the confraternity of the local saint named Maximon or Ri Laj Mam, visited by different people of different ethnicity who come to ask health and prosperity in their lives.
Transfer back to Panajachel by boat.
Duration: 4 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up time will be within 15 minutes of the established departure time in your confirmation.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.