2 Day Chimpanzee Trekking Safari at Kibale National Park
The 2-day chimpanzee trekking safari offered by Bamboo Ecotours takes you to Kibale National Park in western Uganda to trek the chimpanzees in their forest home.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 1x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- One chimpanzee trekking permit per person
- Drinking water when in the safari vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Kanyanchu Visitor Center
What's excluded :
- Bigodi community visit fees
- Entry/Admission - Bigodi Wetlands Sanctuary
Day 1: Transfer from Entebbe or Kampala to Kibale National Park
Stop At: Kanyanchu Visitor Center, Chimpanzee Tracking Kibale National Park, Kibale National Park Uganda
A Bamboo Ecotours driver/guide will pick you up at the Silver Spring Hotel in Bugolobi at 6:00 am and drive to Kibale Forest National Park. The drive to Kibale will take ~5-6hrs. You will arrive at Kibale National Park on time for lunch.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Kibale National Park, Kibale National Park, Western Region
In the afternoon, you will embark on the chimpanzee trekking at Kibale National Park. If you are lucky on the trek, you might encounter other different species of monkeys in the Kibale forest. These include colobus monkey, olive baboon, and red-tailed monkey. After the chimpanzee trekking, you will return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Duration: 4 hours
Accommodation included: Budget accommodation provided at Rweteera Safari Park or similar budget lodge
Day 2: Bigodi Community Walk in the morning. Transfer to Kampala or Entebbe
Stop At: Bigodi Wetlands Sanctuary, Kamwenge Road, Fort Portal Uganda
You will start the day with morning breakfast and afterward transfer back to Kampala. If interested, you can do an optional community activity to visit the Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary known for several species of birds. Other activities at Bigodi include village walk and coffee making experience.
Duration: 2 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at any location in Kampala or Entebbe
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.