2-Day Colca Canyon Including Source of the Great Amazon River
This a wonderfall tour is a combination between the Colca Canyon the great source of the Amazon river and the National Park Of Salinas and aguas blanca. We will see: Lamas, Alpacas, Vicuñas ,birds on Tojra Pampa
The Amazon River is one of the rivers with the largest content of water in the world with average content of 219000m ²/s of water; it is responsible for one fifth of all the water in the oceanThe origin of the Amazon River is found in the region of Arequipa in the Colca Valley, near to the snow-capped Mismi Mountain. The snow-capped Mismi Mountain has an altitude of 5593 m.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Hotel night
- Shared tourist bus or van
- Bilingual tour guide
- Breakfast day 2
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee to Canyon (National Park) usd 22 p/p
- Lunch and dinner (optional)
- Ticket to the Hot spring usd 5 p/p (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Colca Canyon
- Entry/Admission - Plaza de Armas de Chivay
- Entry/Admission - La Calera Thermal Waters
- Entry/Admission - Nevado De Mismi
Day 1: Arequipa - Colca Canyon
Stop At: Colca Canyon, Peru
Pick up starts 02:30 until 3:05am wait us ready at 02:30. We will pick you up then we will drive from Arequipa for 3 hours towards Chivay; the capital of the Colca Canyon on North West direction behind snow-covered Chachani. We will arrive to Yanque village there we have Breakfast.
Then we continue driving for 1 and half more towards the most visited point “the Cross” of the Condor here, we are able to see the depth of the canyon and the flight of the Condor.
The area presents beautiful typical towns, like Yanque & Maca, colonial churches, gently people with typical needlework dresses, hundreds of pre Inca terraces still in use with Andean growing like corn, quinoa, kiwicha among others. In addition, we will visit the hot spring pools that the entrance fee is additional for that there we have 45 minutes free.
Then we will visit Chivay town for lunch and After Lunch.
After lunch, we will drop of you at the hostel in Chivay and you will have free afternoon for acclimatization.
Night in Chivay
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Plaza de Armas de Chivay, Chivay Peru
Day 1 We will have free afternoon here
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: La Calera Thermal Waters, Chivay Peru
Day 1 you will have free afternoon you could visit by your own this attraction to enjoy in the hot springs
Duration: 1 hour
Accommodation included: Overnight in Chivay (standart hotel **)
Day 2: Chivay village -The great source of the Amazon River -Chivay-Arequipa
Stop At: Nevado De Mismi, Andes, Chila Mountain Range, Arequipa Peru
Breakfast very early
05:00am Pick up from the hostel
(For Carhuasanta – 01 hour Walk in this day)
We leave from Chivay in private transport to the place called Carhuasanta (5,000 masl) in a 02:30 hours we are going to be there Throughout the tour the landscape impresses us with lagoons, high Andean birds, Alpaca llamas and flora.
Also small flocks, where families are dedicated to raising their llamas and alpacas. Carhuasanta is where the crystalline waters flow from a wall of rocks, and it is one of the origins of the great Amazon River and that it will flow into the Atlantic Ocean crossing along the Andean mountain range.
12:00 hrs we will be in Chivay if just visit the source (from Carhuasanta) and you will have enough time for have lunch.
13: 15 Pick up to come back to Arequipa; on the way, we stop at the highest pass: the viewpoint of the Volcanoes and snow covered mountains in Patapampa (4,800 m. - 15,000 ft.). Later we will see wild vicuñas, alpacas & llamas in Pampa Cañahuas national reserve, some birds like flamingoes, ibis, Andean gooze, ducks, Andean eagle "Kara Kara". (18:00 hrs. approx. Back in Arequipa.).
Drof off: One block from the main square.
Duration: 4 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from the hotels in Arequipa centre (pick up start at 02:30am)
Departure Time :2:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.