2-Day Golden Monkey Trek, Twin Lakes, Nature Walk & IbyIwacu Cultural Tour
Bisoke volcanoe has a spectacular crater lake.
Lakes Burera and Ruhondo (Twin Lakes), close to the gorilla-tracking center of Kinigi, are often called neglected gems perhaps because they are among least traveled attractions in Rwanda.
For those with a taste for adventure, a boat trip on Twin Lakes provides the chance to see the five volcanoes and natural features like birds, hammerkops, cranes and lots of kingfishers and herons. You can may book additional tours such as fishing with the locals or experiencing the Rwandan cultural and historical with a traditional community.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Volcano hiking permit
- Fuel surcharge
- Hotel accommodation
What's excluded :
- Hiking shoes
- Rain jackets
- Dinner & Beverages
We leave early in the morning and head to the Volcanoes National Park which is about 3 hours from Kigali, the capital city. We first take a tour around the magnificent twin lakes (Ruhondo & Burera). We later on proceed to a short hike which provides an opportunity to enjoy the scenic and panoramic views of the volcanoes, the beautiful hills surrounding the gorilla's park as well as the pristine dark blue waters of the lake.
After our lunch break, we proceed to Iby'Iwacu Cultural center for get a glimpse of the Rwandan traditions and culture. We get an opportunity to dance with local traditional dancers.
The day starts with the golden monkey trekking or Bisoke volcano hike depending on the choice or preference of the client. We hike through the national park and spend time enjoying our time watching the primates in their habitat. The Bisoke hike culminates at the crate lake on top of the volcano is usually takes between 4 to 5 hours depending on level of fitness.
• Iby'iwacu Cultural Village, Close To the Virunga National Park, Kinigi Rwanda
• Volcanoes National Park, Musanze Kinigi, Ruhengeri Rwanda
• Karisoke Research Center - Dian Fossey Camp, Volcanoes National Park, Ruhengeri Rwanda
• Lake Burera and Lake Ruhondo, Rwanda
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.