2-Day Guided Hiking Experience to Altihut
The mountain hut “Altihut” is located in Kazbegi District of Georgia, Kazbegi, at an elevation of 3014 meters above the sea level. It was built in Switzerland, in Wil (Davos) with love and care by Stefan Muller, his team and Kurt Wandfluh (the Wizzard) and was delivered to Georgia in parts to be finally assembled and built on this elevation of 3,014 meters with the assistance of the greatest pilot on Earth - Franz Cotting. It is a state of the art, human craftsmanship and the most eco-friendly building in the Caucasus.
per adult from
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
On day 1 meet the guide at the beginning of the Gergeti trail, with an elevation of 2200 masl.
There will be a short briefing and instructions. We will start the hike. The trail to Altihut takes approximately 3 to 4 hours, and it is over 5 km distance from the starting point, with a vertical 800-meter elevation. Acclimatization will take place in Altihut, then rest and Lunch. There will be free time to enjoy the views, music and local delicatessens. In case of interest, we can take a short tour to the Glacier (approx. 3,200 masl). Have dinner in the “Restaurant on 3000 meters”. Sweet dreams in the comfortable, organic woolen matrasses, specially created by IDP's from
On day 2, start with a champions breakfast. Pre-tour briefing and instructions from the guide; Equipment check and manual on how to use them. Start the trail in the direction of the Glacier. Glacier walk (crevasses, Ortsveri ice face, etc). The tour duration is approx. 4 hours. Return to Altihut, rest and lunch. Trek back to Gergeti village together with the guide. You may choose an alternative way back to the Arsha village, passing by abandoned villages of Toti and Gyboten, with incredible views.
• Gergeti Glacier, Stepantsminda Georgia
• Mount Kazbek/ Mqinvartsveri, Stepantsminda Georgia
Departure Point :Gergeti Trinity Church, Kazbegi, Oni, Georgia
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.