2-Day Guided Trek of the Atlas Mountains and Berber Villages
For mountain trekking lovers, this is a unique two-day trekking experience starting with a transfer from your accomodation in Marrakech to Imlil valley and walk deep to discover the Atlas mountains and its hidden trails, passes, valleys, traditional villages and especially the unique Berber lifestyle that is known by sharing and simplicity.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Ground transfer
- Mule for carrying your food and luggage
- All meals
- Local friendly guide
- Mint tea and Coffee
- Accommodation in Tizi oussem village
What's excluded :
- Personal expences
- Bottled water (There are many points where you can the water from during the trek
Day 1 : After breakfast in Marrakech, you’ll be picked up from your accommodation by a professional driver toward the Atlas Mountains through Ghighaya and Asni valleys. Enjoy the beautiful views of the villages along the way to Imlil area, where you will meet your mountain guide and your muleteer. Your 6-hours hike will begin with a simple climb to Tizi Mzik Pass (2684m) with spectacular views of Imlil Valley and Toubkal (the highest peak in North Africa). Then you will continue to Tamsoulte to visit the highest waterfalls of the region (100m high) then you will go down to Azzaden Valley through the juniper forest to reach Tizi Oussem where you will spend the night in a guest house .
Day 2 : Enjoy a delicious breakfast and sunbath with beautiful view of a colorful valley and its wonderful typical Berber villages. Then you will leave Tizi Oussem and continue climbing toward Id Issa village and Tizi Oudid pass (2000m), then you will cross Matat village to reach a forest of wild juniper trees. You will have lunch under the shade of the walnut trees while relaxing by the river and enjoying a unique view over the valley before you join your vehicle toward Marrakech at around 16pm.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We are picking you up from accommodation. But sometimes it is needed to pick you up from the closest car parking to your accommodation, and of course we will contact you to agree about a meeting point if it is needed.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian and vegan options are available
- Comfortable walking shoes and water proofs are required
- This tour is very flexible
- Hot shower is available
- There is no extra costs in this tour
- The geust house is basic
- Mattress and blankets are provided
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.