2-Day Gunnison River Gorge Float Fishing Trip
The Gunnison River is a sportsman's and whitewater paddler's paradise. The clear, cold waters of the Gunnison have been designated a Gold Medal Trout float fishery and its narrow river corridor creates exciting class III whitewater action that was included into the National Park System in 2003. It is a hidden jewel, off the beaten path, tucked deep in steep granite walls below the Black Canyon National Park, and this 2-day trip is a perfect way to experience it.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 2x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- All Fees and Taxes
- National Park fees
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- All Meals on multi-day trips
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Day 1: Whitewater rafting and/or float fishing down the Gunnison River Gorge - Colorado
Stop At: Black Canyon Of The Gunnison National Park, Black Canyon Of The Gunnison National Park, Colorado
Booking a 1 to 3 day expeditions down the Gunnison River Gorge - wilderness trip with all boating equipment, meals, camping gear available for rent. Below the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. Deep canyon walls and class II-III whitewater rapids. 1 Mile hike down into the gorge to start your trip.
Duration: 1 day
• Lunch: Full day trips include lunch. Multi day expeditions include all meals lunch thru lunch on 2 to 3 days.
Accommodation included: 2 Day 1 night or 3 days 2 night trips are camping in river gorge. No lodging available on this rafting trip.
Day 2: Float fishing and/or whitewater rafting available- fully guided
Pass By: Black Canyon Of The Gunnison National Park, Black Canyon Of The Gunnison National Park, Colorado
Rafting the Gunnison River Gorge below the National Park. Wilderness boating, class II-III whitewater.
• Dinner: multi-day trips include all meals lunch thru lunch.
Accommodation included: Wilderness camping (tents, sleeping bags, pads) available for rent. Fully guided for 1-3 day options.
Departure Point :8941 Pleasure Park Rd, Hotchkiss, CO 81419, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Meeting location is the (take-out) for Gunnison River trips. Dvorak's will transport from pick up location to the trailhead for 1 mile hike into the river launch site.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- COVID 19 Pre-trip screening questionnaire must be completed prior to your trip. Any changes in exposure, illness, etc. may prevent your participation in the activity.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.