2 day Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon and the South Coast Private Tour from Reykjavik
On this action packed, 2 day adventure we visit all the best sights of the south coast. Marvel at Iceland’s spectacular natural beauty and gain insight into the country’s rich geology on this private Jökulsárlón and the South Coast tour from Reykjavik. Travel through the Skaftafell National Park with a private guide, and visit top attractions including Seljalandsfoss waterfall, Skógafoss waterfall, Reynisfjara - The Black Beach, and opt for LAVA Volcano exhibition. Included is 1 night at a 3-4 star Fosshotel with brekfast before we admire sweeping views over the Vatnajokull glacier and enjoy a 30- to 60-minute cruise during summer on the lake among the frozen icebergs. Aferwards we explore the biggest glacier in Europe with experienced glacier guides. Along the way, capture the scenery on camera and gain insight into Iceland’s incredible geography.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off in the capital area
- 1 night in one of the Fosshotels (3-4 stars) on the south coast.
- 2 persons per hotel room (unless other specified)
- Up to 3 persons in hotel room possible if requested and available.
- Breakfast in Fosshotel
- Winter: Guided Ice Cave and Glacier Walk (Not private, small group)
- Summer: Guided Glacier walk 2 or 4 hours (Not private, small group)
- Boat ride on a glacier lagoon, when available. (Not private)
- Private driver/guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private transport by a Luxury Car
- Bottled water
- WiFi in vehicle
- National Park fees
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees, unless specified
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Day 1.
Meet your private guide during a morning pickup at your hotel or the port in Reykjavik, then hop into your vehicle and spin toward Jökulsárlón — Europe’s largest glacial lake — to begin your tour.
First we visiting Urriðafoss waterfall before heading to LAVA Center, where we learn all about the volcanoes that rest on the south coast. Next is Seljalandsfoss, one of Iceland's most popular waterfalls. We might visit Gljúfrabúi - a spectacular waterfall (bring your waterproof boots). Dyrholaey island is next and soon after we head to Reynisfjara - The Black volcanic beach.
We start our day at Fosshotel Jokulsarlon with brekfast. On arrival at Jökulsárlon, enjoy panoramic views over the Vatnajokull glacier — the largest in Europe — and the mighty icebergs floating in the glacial lake. Watch the sunlight bouncing off the shimmering ice, and marvel at Iceland’s spectacular natural beauty.
Hop aboard a sightseeing boat and cruise out onto the calm waters as your guide sheds light on the lagoons natural geology. During optional 30- to 60-minute cruise, capture stunning photographs of the icebergs and watch the waters for sightings of curious seals.
In winter we go for an Ice cave exploration and a glacier walk at Svinafellsjokull glacier.
You will explore the naturally formed ice caves and ice tunnels of Svínafellsjökull, before heading off to a glacier walk on crampons around the glacier tongue.
The ice caves, only accessible in winter, open up for exploration when the meltwater underneath the glacier freezes over and leaves behind these ice tunnels. Your experienced guide will tell you more about their formation and show you around the caves. You will get plenty of time to take pictures of these breathtaking surroundings.
You will then head up to the surface of the glacier, where your guide will lead you through the ever-changing glacial landscape. They will show you deep crevasses and unique ice features, whilst teaching you about the behaviour of glaciers and their impact on nature.
In summer you can choose between a 2 hour easy walk on Svinafellsjokull Glacier Tongue or a 4 hour moderate walk on the glacier.
This walk takes us on to the Svínafellsjökull glacier tongue. Svínafellsjökull is a breathtaking outlet glacier of the Vatnajökull glacier and the scenery and views are simply stunning. We walk through a wonderland of glacial ice sculptures, meandering through ice ridges and the deep crevasses of the glacier.
Visit Skógafoss waterfall on your way back to Reykjavik, then return to your starting point where your tour will come to an end.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pickup at any accommodation in the capital area. Please enter your requested pick-up point in special reqests when booking.Ports
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a 2 day private tour. Some luggage is required.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Minimum age 8 years.
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.