2-Day Karamoja Cultural Experience and Mountain Moroto Hiking Tour
Discover Karamoja in three days packed with Outdoor Adventure and Authentic Cultural Encounters. Climb the highest mountain in the North East of Uganda and Experience rich cultural heritage with the community.
• Mountain Hiking
• Authentic Cultural Activities
• Bush Camping
• Off the beaten track
per adult from
What's included :
- Listed activities
- Listed accommodation
- Camping Equipment
- Motorbike or Bicycle Rental
- Meals & Water
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Vehicle pick-up (optional add-on)
- Tips (tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
Hiking and Trekking
An ancient volcano raises out of the semi-arid planes of Karamoja forming the highest mountain in the region with numerous peaks offering days of adventure. On this 2 day camp and hiking tour we reach one of the summits varying between 2600m and 3000m. The objected summit will be discussed before departure with the tour leader.
Traditional life in the Village
Immerse yourself in Karamojong culture. The afternoon is spent participating traditional games, daily activities as preparing staple foods, harvesting, beading, learning, dance, how to shoot bow and arrow and traditional friendly wrestling.
Nomad Warrior Experience
Experience typical Karimojong pastoral life by sleeping a night with the animals and shepherds in the Kraal. Help bringing the cows to the kraal, share stories around the campfire, play games with the warriors and learn how all about nomadic life.
Day by day
Day 0: Check-in Guesthouse
Day 1-2: Hike and Camp on Mount Moroto
Day 2 PM: Visit traditional Karimojong Manyatta
Day 2 PM: Bush Camp Night with Nomadic Karimojong Warriors
Day 3 AM: End of tour with breakfast at the Guesthouse
• Mountain Moroto, Moroto Uganda
Departure Point :Kara-Tunga, Karamoja Safari Camp, Lomilo Road, Plot 8 Behind United Nations Offices, Moroto, Uganda
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Kara-Tunga, Karamoja Tours