2-Day Lake Titicaca and Sun Island (Isla del Sol) from La Paz
Explore Lake Titicaca and mystical Sun Island (Isla del Sol) on a 2-day guided trip from La Paz. Stop in the port town of Copacabana on your way to Isla del Sol, where you'll spend a night on this beautiful island before returning to La Paz. Transfer to Puno is also available for travelers heading to Peru.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Shared transfer La Paz to Copacabana to La Paz (or Puno)
- 1 night accommodation on Sun Island (Isla del Sol)
- Sun Island and Tiquina ferry crossing
- Bilingual guide
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Day 1: La Paz - Copacabana - Sun Island (Isla del Sol)
Stop At: Lake Titicaca, Copacabana Bolivia
The adventure begins with a 7am pickup at your La Paz hotel or hostel, where you'll board a bus for a shared transfer to the town of Copacabana.
Arrive around noon in time for a traditional Bolivian lunch, and a short visit of the church and main plaza before cruising to Isla del Sol.
After the ferry ride across tLake Titicaca, you'll hike to the top of the island on a journey up the Escalinatas de Yumundi—a traditional Inca stairway that seemingly climbs all the way to the sky. Pass by the fountain of eternal youth to sip on fresh water from the natural spring that comes right out of the mountain.
As you walk along the top of the island, you'll be rewarded with spectacular views of the shimmering lake and shoreline below, as well as the snowcapped Bolivian Andes that rise from the distant horizon. Finish the day with dinner (which is at your own expense), before enjoying a peaceful, restful night's sleep on the quiet Bolivian island.
Duration: 9 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight on the quiet Bolivian island
Day 2: Isla del Sol - Copacabana - La Paz
Stop At: Isla del Sol, Copacabana Bolivia
After enjoying breakfast with a view, depart for a 2-hour, guided walk to reach Pilkokaina Temple, before boarding the boat back to Copacabana for lunch is the bustling port town.
With one final glance at Lake Titicaca you'll then board the bus for La Paz, where you'll arrive at close to 5:30pm and bring the adventure to a close. For travelers heading into Peru, you can also arrange for a bus that takes you to the Peruvian town of Puno.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please contact us at least 2 weeks before your departure date so we can arrange pickup from your central La Paz accommodation. We will confirm the exact pickup time with you then.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Suggested packing list: Rain pants, rain poncho, trekking boots, sandals, warm socks, sweater, thermals, hat, gloves, sun hat, sun block, sun glasses, flashlight/torch, camera, extra batteries and memory card (there is limited to no electricity available during the trek), waterproof bags for your camera, hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit, water bottle
- Don't forget the essentials: Original passport, visa (if applicable), insurance card, personal medications
- Minimum age is 7 years old
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note this is an independent tour, which means you'll enjoy the flexibility of being on your own for most of the trip and will only have a guide for certain experiences along the way.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.