2-Day Monywa Shwe Bo and Hanlin UNESCO World HeritageSite Tour from Mandalay
A 2-day private tour from Mandalay to Shwe Bo, Hanlin (an ancient Pyu city and UNESCO Heritage site) and Monywa.
Shwe Bo was the origin of the Konbaung Dynasty, established by King Alaungpaya. It was also Alaungpaya’s capital from 1752 to 1760. Hanlin is a village near Shwe Bo famous for its hot spring and UNESCO World Heritage archaeological site. It is one of the ancient cities of Pyu Kingdom which is older than Bagan. Monywa, the capital of Sagaing State, is situated on the eastern bank of Chindwin River and about 3 hours car journey from Mandalay. Our highlights in Monywa includes Mohnyin Thanboddhay Pagoda, Bohti Tataung Pagoda, Shweguni Pagoda, Kyaukka Village, Hpowin Taung, Shwe Ba Taung.
Led by friendly local licensed tour guide on a private transport with pick up and drop off from your hotel. The tour also include one night accommodation in Monywa or Shwe Bo.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local licensed tour guide throughout the tour
- One night hotel in Monywa
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Mandalay
- Transport by private vehicle (car, driver, fuel included)
What's excluded :
- Meals & snacks
- Any other not mentioned in the inclusion
- Our tour guide and driver will pick you up from your hotel in Mandalay ~07:30-08:00 hour. We will drive along the flat pave roads with paddy fields and other cultivation on both sides. Our first stop is Shwe Bo, exploring old city moat and Shwe Bon Yadana, the city’s most striking buildings which was once part of of King’s Alaungpaya’s 1753 palace. We will also collect our ticket for Hanlin from here. We will then proceed to archaeological sites in Halin, the Pyu Ancient city and the UNESCO World Heritage site. If time allows, we also visit Hanlin Village with unpaved ox-cart tracks among incredible plethora of decaying old stupa and the hot spring.
We will then drive to Monywa. Overnight in Monywa.
Early breakfast and check out by 08:30am. We will explore Po Win Taung and Shwe Ba Taung Buddha cave complexes and well preserved mural painting inside some of the caves. We will then continue to Mahar Bodhi Tataung Laykyun Setkyar Pagoda, the site has one thousand Bodhi trees and each tree has a large Buddha image underneath. It also houses the second largest reclining Buddha in Myanmar. Afterwards, we will proceed to Shwe Gu Ni pagoda which is famous among locals for its wish-fulfilling powers and Kyaukka Village which is well known for pre-Chaing Mai style lacquer ware since Konbaung era. Typical black and gold lacquer wares of Kyaukkar are heavier and more refined and artistic than Bagan lacquer wares.
After our sightseeing around Monywa, we will drive back to Mandalay, aim to arrive late afternoon/ early evening.
NOTE: During the peak season, hotels in Monywa may not be available for bookings at short notice if clients do not book this tour well in advance. In such cases, we will need to use the hotel in Shwe Bo and drive to Monywa the next morning to continue the tour.
Departure Point :Your hotel in Mandalay
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people (adults/ youths/ seniors) per booking is required.
- A maximum of 15 people per booking
- Please wear decent clothes that covers your shoulders and knees (no shorts, sleeveless tops or low neck tops) when visiting religious sites. Please cover your shoulders and knees and take off your shoes and socks when entering pagoda areas.
- Please provide the full address of your hotels in Mandalay
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.