2-Day Private Desert Safari from Marrakech to Zagora
This desert tour takes long journeys and long drive but is ideal for the people who are in Marrakech and desire to explore the Sahara desert but don’t have much time. As Morocco is a big country with lot of things and places to see, this tour is great chance to explore the Sahara desert.
- Cross the high Atlas Mountains and Tizi-N-Tichka pass (2260m of Altitude).
- Enjoy the views of the beautiful Berber villages, valleys and mountains.
- Discover Aït Ben Haddou Ksar; UNESCO world heritage site and home for many films.
- Enjoy a gorgeous drive along Draa valley; a wonderful valley with palm trees.
- Watch spectacular Zagora desert
- Spend an unforgettable night in an authentic Berber camp.
- Visit Ouarzazate, the gate of the Sahara desert and Hollywood of Africa.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Private ground transportation via A/C SUV or Mini Van.
- Camel trek in the desert.
- 1 night accommodation in the camp.
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to museums and attractions.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Entry/Admission - Taourirt Kasbah
Day 1: Marrakech – Atlas Mountains – Aït Ben-Haddou – Draa valley – Zagora desert.
Pass By: Tizi n Tichka, Imlil Village, Ouarzazate 45000 Morocco
Cross the high Atlas Mountains where you can enjoy the beautiful views of the Berber villages along the way, to the highest point (Tichka pass) that the road can reach with an altitude of 2260m, offering you stunning landscapes as far as the eye can admire.
Stop At: Ait Ben Haddou, Ait Ben Haddou, Souss-Massa
Aït Ben Haddou, the UNESCO world heritage site since 1987, this little old town located in the former route of the caravan trade between the Sahara desert and Marrakech, the Ksar is now often used as a filming location for movies such as The Jewel of the Nile, The Mummy, Gladiator and Kingdom of Heaven. Here you will be able to have walk and stroll in the Ksar and its Kasbahs where you will see the amazing traditional Berber architecture of the houses in the Ksar.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Zagora, Zagora, Souss-Massa
In the evening we will arrive to Zagora where you will be welcomed by Berber mint tea and homemade Moroccan cookies before you get ready to meet your camels for trek into your desert camp, on the way you will enjoy an amazing sunset in the desert before getting to the camp.
Duration: 13 hours
• Dinner: Enjoy a delicious dinner, and join live Berber music around camp fire under a wonderful starry sky.
Accommodation included: Overnight in a desert camp in Zagora desert.
Day 2: Zagora - Draa valley – Ouarzazate – Marrakech.
Pass By: Draa Valley, Zagora 45600 Morocco
Enjoy the drive along Draa valley one of the gorgeous valleys in morocco, with thousands of palm trees as the largest palm trees plantation in the country.
Pass By: Ouarzazate, Ouarzazate, Souss-Massa
Ouarzazate city, the Hollywood of Africa, to visit the Atlas studio, the largest film studio in Morocco, where many films such as Game of thrones, Ben Hur and Cleopatra have been filmed.
Stop At: Taourirt Kasbah, Avenue Mohammed V, Ouarzazate 45000 Morocco
visit to the famous Kasbah of Taourirt in Ouarzazate city center is worth.
Duration: 30 minutes
• Breakfast: Traditional breakfast in the camp
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :1: Jemaa el-Fna, Rue El Ksour, 38, Marrakech 40000, Morocco، Marrakech 40000, Morocco
2: Moulay el Yazid Mosque, 23 Rue de La Kasbah, Marrakesh 40000, Morocco
Traveler pickup is offered
Travelers are going to be picked up from their accommodation or one of the meeting points in the city.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.