2-Day Private Guided Cultural Tour from Fes to Merzouga Desert
If you are staying in Fes and want to have a quick glimpse of the desert, this is your favorite 2-days-tour! A lot to see in a short time and a night in a luxury desert camp are awaiting you!
Cross the panoramic the Tizi N' Talghoumt pass in the Middle Atlas at 1'907 m
Explore the Ziz Valley and Erfoud Oasis with its thousands of palm trees
Ride a camel in Erg Chebbi to reach your desert camp
Spend the night at a Luxury Desert camp and dance around the campfire while local nomad people are playing the desert drums
Enjoy sandboarding in high red sand dunes of Erg Chebbi
Visit a local Berber family and learn about Nomadic life in Southern Morocco
Discover the cave houses in Bhalil
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Camel ride in Merzouga
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Sandboarding in the dunes
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
Day 1: Fez - Ifrane - Midelt - Erfoud - Merzouga Desert
Stop At: Ifrane, Ifrane, Fes-Meknes
We start our journey early in the morning and head for the Middle Atlas Mountains. Stop for a coffee in Ifran, also known as «Switzerland of Morocco» with its chalet like houses.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Middle Atlas, Skoura M'Daz Morocco
From here we are heading south through several typical villages and you will have the opportunity to spot nomad families living in their tents along the road.
Stop At: Midelt, Midelt, Meknes-Tafilalet Region
After our lunch in Midelt we continue our drive and enjoy panoramic views crossing the Tizi N' Talghoumt pass.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Erfoud, Erfoud, Meknes-Tafilalet Region
In Erfoud, you can enjoy a fantastic view of the valley of the river Ziz lined with thousands of date palms.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Erg Chebbi, Erg Chebbi, Meknes-Tafilalet Region
Now we’re almost at the dunes! After arriving in Merzouga, you will experience a one hour camel ride to reach the desert camp while the sun sinks down behind the dunes. Enjoy your evening dining in a berber tent, look for shooting stars at the camp fire and sleep in nomad tent!
Duration: 12 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight in a luxury desert camp in the dunes of Merzouga, for example Camp Madu, Tassili Luxury Camp
Day 2: Merzouga - Rissani - Erfoud - Ziz Valley - Middle Atlas - Midelt - Bhalil - Fes
Stop At: Merzouga, Merzouga, Draa-Tafilalet
Wake up by the first strays of light to watch the sunrise over the sahara before you enjoy your typical breakfast. We return on the camel's back or 4x4 to the village of Merzouga.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Rissani, Rissani, Meknes-Tafilalet Region
In Rissani we will have the opportunity to visit the local market with the «donkey parking» and have a look at some fossils outside the city.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Erfoud, Erfoud, Meknes-Tafilalet Region
We start our journey in direction Fes after and head for the Middle Atlas Mountains. We'll drive through several typical villages and you will have the opportunity to spot nomad families living in their tents along the road.
Stop At: Bhalil, Bhalil, Fes-Meknes
This mountain village is worth a trip for its troglodyte cave houses built into the picturesque rocks and painted in pastel colors of pink, yellow and blue. The cave dwellings date back to the 4th century and have been inhabited by shepherds for hundreds of years. Some caves are still in use as the cool, spacious salon of the house while the bedrooms are built above.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Fes, Fes, Fes-Meknes
Evening arrival in Fes and drop off at your accommodation or at the airport of Fes.
Accommodation included: No accommodation included
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please wait in the reception area of your accommodation in FesPick up at the airport Fes-Saiss (arrivals) also possiblePick ups at AirBnB's/private residences not possible, in this case your pick up place would be in front of the Hotel Bab Boujloud Airports
- Fes Sais International Airport, Aéroport Fes Saïss Oulad Tayeb، Fes 30000, Morocco
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.