2 Day Private Tour in Delphi, Museum of Thebes & Monasteries of Meteora
2-Day private tour in Delphi, Museum of Thebes (or visit at the Monastery of Osios Lucas), and Mycenae Palace and in the magnificent Meteora and take this unique opportunity to visit some of the most important monuments of mainland Greece.
Visit Thebes, one of the oldest cities in Greece, and visit the archaeological museum of Thebes that is of great importance. Visit the famous ancient town of Mycenae, where the Mycenaean civilization thrived between 1650 and 1200 BC, see the excavation remains of the Mycenae Palace and the Mycenaean Tombs. Visit Meteora, the ageless monasteries standing between heaven and earth that combine both historical and religious treasures!
Visit the Oracle of Delphi and the temple dedicated to Apollo, where it is said that Pythia delivered her oracles.
You will also visit two picturesque traditional villages, Arahova and Kastraki with their traditional Greek taverns, where you can taste the famous traditional Greek food and other local products!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Private Air-conditioned vehicle
- English Speaking driver
- 1 Night accommodation in Meteora
- All taxes
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- Tour guides available with additional cost
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Museum of Thebes
- Entry/Admission - Meteora
Day 1: Athens - Museum of Thebes - Village of Arachova - Delphi
Pass By: Athens, Athens, Attica
You will be picked up from your accommodation to start your tour.
Stop At: Archaeological Museum of Thebes, Threpsiadou 1 Plateia Keramopoulou, Thiva 33200 Greece
Along the way, you will see the plain of Boeotia, an agricultural centre and you will also pass by the city of Thebes, the birthplace of King Oedipus in order to reach The Archaeological Museum of Thebes one of the most important museums of Greece since some of its collections are rare or unique. The exhibits originate from excavations all around Boeotia and cover a long chronological period spanning from the Palaeolithic to the Post Byzantine periods. Also, you will walk around to see the Mycenae Palace and the Mycenaean Tombs.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Delphi, Delphi, Phocis Region, Central Greece
Continuing our trip we will reach Delphi. We will visit Castalia Spring, visit at the archaeological site and view the monument of the Argive Kings, the treasury of the Athenians, the Athenian Stoa, the Polygonal Wall, the monument of Platea and the Temple of Apollo famous for its oracle and Delphi museum, with its spectacular exhibits include the frieze of the Treasury of the Sifnians, the Naxian Sphinx, the Statue of Antinoos the metopes of the Athenian treasury, the famous bronze Charioteer, originally created to commemorate a victory during the 476 B.C. Pythian Games, and many other artifacts. We have lunch in Delphi area or at the traditional Village of Arachova, where you can taste the traditional cheese, Arachova’s formaela, in various forms, before we depart for Meteora. We continue to reach at Meteora for overnight.
Duration: 3 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Accommodation in a 4* star hotel or a small boutique hotel in Meteora
Day 2: Monasteries of Meteora - Thermopiles & Statue of Leonidas - Athens
Stop At: Meteora, Kastraki, Kalambaka 422 00 Greece
Our driver pick you up from your hotel around 09.00 am and we will visit the BYZANTINE MONASTERIES of Meteora that are included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. We are having our first stop at The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro (or similar) which is the biggest and oldest one of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (meteoro), because of the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built. Our second visit is to the great monastery of St. Stephan (or similar). The Monastery of St. Stephan, which is a small church built in the 16th century and decorated in 1545, rests on the plain rather than on a cliff. This wonderful tour will be completed at the picturesque villages of Kalambaka, where you will have a traditional Greek lunch!
Duration: 10 hours
Stop At: Battlefield of Thermopylae, Thermopylae Greece
Afterwards, we will return to Athens with a short stop at Thermopylae to admire the statue of Leonidas as a memorial of the battle of the 300 Spartans against thousands of Persian soldiers of the Persian Empire.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Athens, Athens, Attica
At the end of your tour, your driver will drop you off at your accommodation.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We provide free of charge pick up & drop off from/ to your accommodation in Athens, Piraeus Port & Piraeus Port. Airports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Piraeus port, Pireas 185 38, Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Post Covid 19 Policy on our vehicles Sedan: Maximum of 2 passengers in a sedan car and 4 passengers in a Minivan to secure social distance between tourists. For families with children, no limitations apply. All our tours will be Private tours to secure maximum hygiene. Vehicles will be sanitiazed before every pick-up. Hand sanitizing done before departure and after every major stop during the day. Tourists should wear facemasks. Fresh trash bag will be in every vehicle and waste will be destroyed at the end of every tour.
- Free of charge / complimentary face masks and hand sanitizers
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.