2-Day Private Tour to Kazbegi from Tbilisi
Travel towards Mtiuleti and Khevi provinces by former Silk Road, named The Georgian Military Highway on this private 2 day tour to Kazbegi. Enjoy sightseeing in Mtskheta town and two UNESCO World Heritage sites, visit Ananuri fortress and Gergeti Holy Trinity Church, taste local food during lunches and dinner and spend a night at 4 star hotel located under the foothills of Kazbegi mountain.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Professional guide
- Accommodation at 4 star hotel Porta Caucasia in double/twin rooms
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
Day 1: Tbilisi – Mtskheta – Ananuri – Jvari pass – Travertine – Kazbegi
Pass By: Georgian Holidays, Apolon Kutateladze str. 5 Near Opera House, Tbilisi 0108 Georgia
Pick up from the hotel in Tbilisi and departure to north Georgia.
Stop At: Jvari Church, Mtskheta Georgia
Your first stop is Mtskheta – the ancient capital of East Georgia. During excursions in Mtskheta you’ll visit UNESCO World Heritage Site Jvari monastery dated 6th c.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, Arsukidze, Mtskheta 3300 Georgia
Explore another UNESCO site of Mtskheta - Svetitskhoveli Cathedral dating back to 11th c
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ananuri Fortified Castle Ensemble, Georgian Military Highway Near Zhinvali Reservoir, Ananuri 1803 Georgia
Continue your way and reach Ananuri fortress 14-17th cc. The complex consists of fortifications and residential buildings of Aragvi Dukes. The purpose of the monument was to guard the country from North. Explore the fortress and enjoy beautiful views of Jinvali reservoir.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kazbegi's National Park, Georgia
Take a break to have lunch on the route and after drive further north, over Jvari pass (2395 meters above sea level) and stop by travertine where you can taste mineral waters flowing down from the mountains. Finally, arrive in the town of Stephantsminda (formerly known as “Kazbegi”) – the center of Khevi province.
Have dinner at local restaurant with traditional Georgian cuisine.
Duration: 2 hours
Accommodation included: 4 star hotel in Kazbegi
Day 2: Kazbegi – Gergeti Church – Dariali gorge – Gveleti waterfalls – Tbilisi
Stop At: Gergeti Trinity Church, Near the Village of Gergeti, Stepantsminda Georgia
After breakfast at the hotel take a walk (approx. time 2.5 hours) to Gergeti Holy Trinity Church – an important altar of 14th century, located on the slope of Mount Kazbegi. The church facade preserves stone decorations depicting ancient religious rituals and beliefs. If you are lucky with weather, you will see Mount Kazbegi (5047 m. above sea level).
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Gveleti Waterfall, Stepantsminda Georgia
Walk back to Kazbegi town and take a lunch break in one of the local restaurants. Get in your vehicle and drive to Dariali gorge, an important crossing point of Caucasus range, which was fortified since 150 BC. Take a walk along the river to Gveleti waterfalls, easy upwards trekking (20-25 minutes) and enjoy the views of green valleys and picturesque landscapes.
In the evening drive back to Tbilisi. The tour ends with a drop off at your hotel in Tbilisi.
Duration: 2 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your hotel or accommodation in central Tbilisi
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions during April, May, and October months. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- In case there are odd number of people booking the tour 1 person will be accommodated a in single room
- Infants aged 0-2 will be accommodated in a baby cot
- Children aged 3-12 will be accommodated in an extra bed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.