2 Day Rhodope Mountain Small Group Discovery Tour from Sofia
This tour will take you on a journey deep into antiquity in the Rhodope Mountains
Explore the antiquity temple and Sanctuary at Perperikon, Tatul and Mezek.
According to the legends, two crucial prophecies were made from the altar of Perperikon. The first one predicted great conquest and glory for Alexander the Great, and the second, made a several centuries later, predetermined the power and strength for the first Roman Emperor – Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 1x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Entry/Admission - Perperikon
- Entry/Admission - Mezek Fortress Neutzikon
What's excluded :
- Day 1 - Lunch
Day 1: Antiquity temple at Perperikon and Tatul.
Stop At: Perperikon, 10 miles from the town of Kurdzhali Bulgaria
•08:30: Tour starts from the parking lot behind the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral in Sofia.
•1200-13:30:Discover the ancient city of Perperikon, one of the most popular tourist destinations in Bulgaria.
•13:30-14:30:Picnic lunch in the picturesque mountain scenery.
•14:30-15:30:Visit the stone Mushrooms near Perperikon.
•15:30:16:30:Enjoyable afternoon at the Thracian Sanctuary of the village of Tatul and the Temple of Orpheus where the legends of Orpheus come to life. Orpheus was considered one of the chief poets and musicians of antiquity and is still a symbol of the art of music.
•16:30:Boarding the coach and departing towards our hotel.
•17:30:Check-in at the SPA Houses St George in town of Mineralni Bani.
•18:00-1930:Free dtime to enjoy the spa and wellness facilities at the hotel.Sauna, Steam bath,Jacuzzi, Turkish bath and children’s playground.
•19:30:Dinner at the hotel restaurant, relax in a traditional atmosphere.
Duration: 8 hours
• Dinner: Traditional bulgarian menu, tipical for the region - All ingredients and products are organic.
Accommodation included: 3- stras,SPA Houses St George in town of Mineralni Bani.
Day 2: Deaf stones and Medieval Fortress of Mezek.
Stop At: Mezek Fortress Neutzikon, Selo Mezek, Svilengrad 6521 Bulgaria
•09:00:Today after breakfast we will continue our adventure around the Rhodope Mountain.
•10:00-11:00:Visit to the ‘Gluhite kamani’ area (the Deaf stones area) is one of the largest rock- cult complexes in the Eastern Rhodope. The sacred place was used by the ancient Thracian tribes who inhabited the area.
•14:00-15:00:Picnic lunch in the picturesque mountain scenery, the lunch(Packet) will be provide by the hotel.
•15:15-16:30:Visit to the village of Mezek, famous for the well-preserved medieval Mezek Fortress and its two Thracian tombs, the Mezek and Sheynovets tombs. The village is also well known for its own winery and the Mezzek brand of Bulgarian wine.
•16:30:Departure back to Sofia, the capital city of Bulgaria.
•20:00: Expected arrival time in Sofia at the parking behind Alexander Nevski Cathedral, or at your preferable location if requested in advance at the time of booking.
Duration: 10 hours
• Breakfast: Traditional
• Lunch: Second Day - Packet for picnic lunch, provided by the restotant in a our hotel.
Accommodation included: 3- stars SPA Houses St Georgespa Sauna, Steam bath,Jacuzzi, Turkish bath and children’s playground.
Departure Point :Cathedral Saint Aleksandar Nevski, pl. "Sveti Aleksandar Nevski", 1000 Sofia Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
Traveler pickup is offered
Our team will be waiting to greet you at the parking behind Alexander Nevski Cathedral, or you can arrange your pick up point in advance with member of our booking team.Airports
- Vrazhdebna Airport, Sofia Bulgaria
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.