2-Day Small-Group Tour Easter Island Highlights
Make the most out of your visit by enjoying a complete discovery of Easter Island's history, culture, and legends in two 6.5-hour tours. With a small group limited to 8 travelers, visit the important sites on the island, including Orongo, Rano Kau, Ahu Akivi, Puna Pau, Vinapu, Rano Raraku, Ahu Tongariki, Anakena and more. The itinerary is highly optimized to visit the sites with best possible light conditions, and with the least amounts of crowds. This tour includes hotel pickup and drop-off and a local driver/guide.
This 2-day tour is exactly the same as the following two tours:
Small-Group Full-Day Easter Island Highlights North and West
Small-Group Full-Day Easter Island Highlights South and East
It has been created for your convenience, so that you won't have to go through the same booking process twice in order to book these two 1-day tours.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
- Lunch - Exclusive - Home Hosted Lunch with a Rapa Nui Family
What's excluded :
- National park ticket (80 USD or 54,000 CLP per person, available upon arrival at the airport)
- This package consists of two tours, both of which begin with pickup from your hotel on Easter Island between 9:15am and 9:40am.
This tour is not available for Cruise Ship passengers
Highlights North and West
Visit Anakena, home to a monument with the best preserved restored moais of the entire island. As the beach is visited in the morning, the water is quite refreshing, but if you wish you may still have a swim in the ocean.
See the Ahu Akivi, the only monument with moais that are looking out towards the sea. Stop at Puna Pau is a small volcano, where red scoria stone was quarried for the moai statue topknots. Relax for a lunch break before continuing on to Tahai. In this village, see several statues at three separate ahu platforms. A ramp was built to enter the ocean from within the area.
Orongo is a ceremonial stone village dedicated to the birdman competition, located at the ridge of volcano Rano Kau. Next, visit a stunning volcanic crater, Rano Kau, one of the most scenic views on the island.
Finally, view the cave paintings at Ana Kai Tangata, a small cave near the ocean. Your tour will end at around 4pm back at your hotel.
Highlights South and East
Ahu Huri A Urenga: This single statue has a remarkably strange characteristic - it has four hands. It has been dubbed "The Astronomer" for being aligned to the sunrise at winter solstice - June 21st.
Vinapu: The most perfectly fit rock wall, Ahu Tahira, is found in this area. It was engineered with such skill that many draw conclusions on contact with the Inca Empire.
Hanga Poukura: This is a beautiful coastal area of interesting, rough lava rock formations has several unique features. Several statues are in a strange and mysterious manner buried in a line, with only the backs being visible. The ahu is one of the most well-made ever with blocks that are cut for a better fit. Hanga Poukura area also has an amazing natural phenomena that has been occurring constantly since this these areas were created by lava flows almost a million years ago - a blowhole. The blowhole of Hanga Poukura is one of the best ones of Rapa Nui, and when the ocean is right, water will spurt up into the air as waves come in. Lunch (not included): Please bring some cash (10 - 40 USD per person) during the tour to get the lunch you prefer.
Rano Raraku: The volcano that was converted into a mass production factory of gigantic megaliths. Virtually all statues were carved here. One day the workers stopped, and the hundreds of statues that were left behind haven't moved since.
Ahu Tongariki: The biggest and most impressive monument of Rapa Nui with its 15 mighty moais.
Your tour will end at around 4pm back at your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick Up Time: For both days pick up time will be between 9.15 am and 9.45 amDeparture Point: Your hotel on Easter IslandDates: Monday, Wednesday, and FridayReturn point: Returns to original departure point
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tours are bilingual, performed in English and in Spanish by the same guide
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Please have your national park ticket ready for your tour, and bring it with you at all times; National park tickets should be bought upon arrival to the airport; This is required for all visitors to Easter Island
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.