2-Day Small-Group Tour to Dracula's Castle, Rasnov Fortress, Peles Castle, Sighisoara and Libearty Brown Bear Sanctuary with Overnight in Brasov
This small group tour is the best way to see and get to know Transylvania. Visit the medieval towns of Brasov and Sighisoara with their narrow streets and discover old fortresses and castles like Bran, Rasnov, Peles. Also you will have the opportunity to see the Brown Bears while you will visit the LiBEARty Sanctuary in the Carpathian Mountains!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Overnight accommodation in Brasov
- Bottle of water (1 per day)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan/car
- Hotel pickup (if option selected) from Bucharest only
- Fuel surcharge
- Parking Fees
What's excluded :
- Lunch and Dinner
- Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - Libearty Bear Sanctuary Zarnesti
- Entry/Admission - Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle)
- Entry/Admission - Brasov Historical Center
- Entry/Admission - Saxon Church
- Entry/Admission - Sighisoara Historic Center
Day 1: Brown Bears - Bran Castle - Rasnov Fortress - Brasov Town
Stop At: Libearty Bear Sanctuary Zarnesti, DN 73A km 6 - near the entrance in Zarnesti from Rasnov, Zarnesti 500075 Romania
At Libearty Bear Sanctuary we will learn about the bears and about wildlife protection in general. The sight of bears climbing trees, playing in the water pools or just lazing in the meadows, gives you a far better understanding of the true nature of the animals than any Zoo could ever do.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Stop At: Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle), Str. General Traian Mosoiu nr. 24, Bran 507025 Romania
Bran Castle also called Dracula’s Castle, it is situated in Bran village. A remarkable architecture with Gothic elements, the castle was built between 1377-1382, at 60 m high. Built originally as a fortress surrounded by a massive wall with small windows which were used to shoot the enemies, Bran Castle proved to be a successful defense point. In the inner courtyard of the castle is a fountain used to provide water in case of siege. Bran Castle got its fame from the novel Dracula, written by Bram Stoker and Dracula movie.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Rasnov Citadel, Unirii Square no. 12, Rasnov 505400 Romania
We will have a short stop to Rasnov to see the picturesque streets with medieval houses and Rasnov Fortress and to understand the life in a village in medieval times. Rasnov Fortress is one of the best preserved peasant fortress of Transylvania and was built in XIII -XIV centuries, the principal purpose was to defend themselves against Tartar attacks and was conquered only once around the year 1600 by Prince Gabriel Bathory.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Brasov Historical Center, Piazza Sfatului, Brasov Romania
We will take a short tour of the old town. You will be able to visit Black Church, the Council Square and to enjoy the lovely atmosphere of this charming city!
Duration: 2 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Hotel City Center 3* or similar.
On the customers request we can have 4* or 5* hotels.
Day 2: Saschiz Village - Sighisoara Citadel
Stop At: Saxon Church, Town Centre, Saschiz 547510 Romania
Today you will go further into Transylvania and visit the beautiful Fortified Church of Saschiz. On your way to Saschiz you will cross Padurea Bogatii (meaning the Rich Forest), which is a natural reservation. In Saschiz village you will visit the wonderful Fortified Church, which is one of the most interesting Saxon fortified churches (UNESCO World Heritage site).
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Sighisoara Historic Center, Piata Cetatii Nr.1 Center of Sighisoara, Sighisoara 545400 Romania
The next stop is Sighisoara, one of the few citadels that are still inhabited. The main attractions in the city are the Main Gate, The Clock Tower which is 64 m high and has four levels, the Medieval Weapons Museum and the Torture Chamber. It is known that here was the birth place of Vlad Dracul, who inspired the novel Dracula, by Bram Stoker. Near the Museum Square is the Church of the Dominican Monastery, dated from the 13th century. Walking along the wall that surrounds Sighisoara citadel you can admire the towers: especially the Shoemakers, Tailors and Tinmakers Guild towers which are the most impressive. You will also visit the Church from the Hill but not before climbing the 175 covered steps which were built in 1642 in order to create easier access for the children on their way to school.
Duration: 2 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pick-up from any hotel, hostel, guest house or apartment from Bucharest.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.