2-Day South Italy Tour from Rome: Fall in Love with Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri
Fancy an overnight trip from Rome to the south of Italy. Be pleased with a panoramic view of Naples from one of the best spots in the city: Il Vomero.
A breathtaking view of the entire gulf, of the Vesuvius and also of the islands. A great tour as well to Pompeii, Sorrento and the island of Capri. With excursions and ample free time factored in, this Italy 2-day tour offers the perfect introduction to the area. Enjoy overnight 4-star hotel accommodation in Sorrento on the stunning Amalfi Coast
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide
- Local Assistant in Sorrento
- Overnight accommodation
- 2 Lunches (1 with a Neapolitan pizza and a drink included in Pompeii)
- 1 Dinner (dinner dress code: formal attire)
- Tour director during the first and the last day
What's excluded :
- City tax
Day 1: Rome- Naples-Pompeii- Sorrento
Stop At: Vomero, Piazza Vanvitelli, 80128, Naples Italy
To admire Naples, the most fascinating way is to caress it with the look from above, from the vantage points. Vomero hill is one of the best place to do it
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Villa dei Misteri, Via Villa Dei Misteri 2, 80045 Pompeii Italy
One of the most important archaeological site in the woeld: a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The archaeological excavations of Pompeii have returned the remains of the ancient city of Pompeii, near the hill of Civita, at the gates of modern Pompeii, buried under a blanket of ashes and lapilli during the eruption of Vesuvius in 79, together with Ercolano, Stabia and Oplonti.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Piazza Tasso, 80067, Sorrento Italy
The irregular and jagged coastline of this peninsula, which seems to want to protect from the sea all the colorful houses and the characteristic streets that are located in the inland areas, will welcome you and welcome you in what many call a real paradise on earth. Sorrento is not only the city of limoncello and churches. Sorrento is the city of entertainment, especially the nocturnal one. In the evening, in fact, the city changes its face and turns into an amazing party
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Stazione Roma Termini, Piazza dei Cinquecento 1, 00185 Rome Italy
Departure point from Rome Termini if you picked the train option
Accommodation included: Overnight in Sorrento depending on the hotel category Michelangelo 4* or Gh Vesuvio 4* or Hotel Imperial Tramontano 4*S
Day 2: Sorrento-Capri-Rome
Stop At: Blue Grotto, Via Grotta Azzurra, 80071 Anacapri, Island of Capri Italy
The Blue Grotto is a splendid example of the beautiful nature of Malta, a dip in the most intense blue of the Mediterranean.
It is a suggestive natural cave, where the colors of the sea are reflected, creating a unique chromatic triumph.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Monte Solaro, 80007 Anacapri, Island of Capri Italy
With a precipitous, jagged coast, and encircled by the famous faraglioni (sea stacks), enormous and uniquely-shaped boulders, and by numerous caves that tell of evocative plays of light. The island continues to be both a legend and a favorite destination for travelers, intellectuals and the international jet-set - "performing" at any given time in the legendary piazzetta, the real-time theatre of the island's 'Dolce Vita'
Duration: 3 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Viale Luigi Einaudi, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up only from centrally located hotels.If your hotel is not centrally located, please go to the meeting point in Viale Einaudi nearby Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri - metro line A stop Repubblica
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note: If the Blue Grotto is not accessible due to tidal conditions, you will be taken by boat to the Faraglioni Rocks. If weather conditions do not allow the excursion by boat, you will take a land excursion of the island
- Please note: from Nov 1st to Mar 31st this tour will not visit Capri island on Day 2. The excursion is replaced with a day of free time in Sorrento
- Dress code for dinner is smart casual
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- If three adults are traveling together, please book one single and one double room, otherwise the booking will be received as triple room and all customers will be accommodated in a triple room
- Maximum of 3 people per room and only one room per booking. In the case of 3 adults and 1 child two separate rooms will need to be booked
- From November to March: Audio guide to Pompeii will be available and included for the following languages: Italian, French, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Russian
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note from Septermber 2020 till October 2020 Capri is not included
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.