2-Day Thorsmork Exploration
On this 2-Day Þórsmörk overnight tour you will explore the valley of mighty Thor, the Thunder God. You will enjoy the wilderness of outstanding panoramic views whilst breathing fresh mountain air.
per adult from
What's included :
- 1 nights accommodation in a tend (upgrade to a mountain hut on request)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local taxes
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- DAY 1
Departing Hvolsvöllur, we head into Þórsmörk, driving towards Eyjafjallajokull, the famous 2010 erupting volcano. Super jeep driving is through extreme conditions, reaching the famous outlet glacier of Gígjökull where the landscape changed so dramatically during the eruption.
Crossing unbridged, glacial outflow rivers, we reach Þórsmork, after a hugely exciting travel adventure.
Húsadalur is our overnight accommodation, either in a tent or in a mountain hut (upgrade). For dinner we will have delicious traditional lamb. We will spend the night sharing stories and enjoying the remoteness, beauty and tranquility of Þórsmörk.
After a nice breakfast, we continue exploring the Þórsmörk valley. We drive around the area, taking a look and exploring some of the magical, water-cut canyons on the lower slopes of Eyjafjalljokull volcano.
Exiting Þórsmörk, Seljalandsfoss waterfall will be experienced (and walked behind if you dare!) before travelling out to the Atlantic coast and roaming across its extensive black sand beaches.
The itinerary is quite flexible, depending on conditions and group wishes.
You are then returned to your hotel.
Departure Point :Midgard Base Camp & Restaurant, Dufþaksbraut 14, 860 Hvolsvöllur, Iceland
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- WEAR Comfortable clothing, hiking shoes and warm clothes according to this area’s weather forecast and activities in our day to day description. Upon booking you will receive a detailed packing list.
- GROUP SIZE Min 4, max. 16 people.
- FOR WHOM? Fits individuals, group of friends, couples and families with grown up kids.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.